need some backpack help(daypack??)

shadowranger

Earning My Ears
how ever you want to call it i need help with looking for a new one.i want one that will fit within their requirements(18 high 15 wide and 24 long).i'm driving to disneyland but AFTER there's a vaccine .roaming park with a face mask would not be fun. i won't be bring anything but the pack and a light jacket in but i'll be leaving with a good sized haul from galaxy's edge.namely(also if it helps i'm not going to take the boxes they are put in since they'll be in my pack) 2 droids in the morning with 2 boxes of body panels for them. both holocrons and all the kybers i can buy,some savi lightsabers and stands for them,also 2 personalty chips for 2 more droids before i leave.so the packs i've looked at have features that i want and like so please be within those for help.i DO NOT like those packs with strings for straps or sling type bags/packs. i prefer packs with the chest and hip straps.can't seem to post the links. i don't ride roller coasters.just don't like them but i'm ok with the Indiana jones ride which i can just as easily skip

ok what i've looked at is:
High Sierra Access Laptop Backpack
The North Face Surge Backpack
The North Face Recon Backpack
FENGDONG 40L Waterproof Lightweight Hiking,Camping,Travel Backpack for Men Women
WolfWarriorX Men Backpacks Large Capacity Military Tactical Hiking Expandable 39L-60L Backpack(to tall maybe???)
MOUNTAINTOP 40L Unisex Hiking/Camping Backpack
REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack Large Army 3 Day Assault Pack Molle Bag Backpacks

that's it for me.if there are better alternatives i'm happy to hear them and check them out.

Last edited:
For what its worth IMO none of those backpacks are going to be practical for a Disneyland trip, they are way to HUGE. The droids wouldn't fit in in and neither would the Light sabers. You wouldn't be able to take that on many rides as well because you wouldn't be able to store it properly. I get that you are trying to find something to carry all your loot but none of those are going to do the trick IMO.

An alternative for all the things you want to get is to store them at guest relations until you are ready to leave for the day. From the parks checking service FAQ:
Theme Parks – Frequently Asked Questions
Q.
Can I have my purchases delivered to my hotel or check them while I enjoy the theme parks?

A.
If you are a Guest of one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, our shops can have your items delivered to you at no extra charge. Just make arrangements with the clerk at the time of purchase.

If you are here for the day or are staying at a non-Disney hotel, our complimentary package check service will hold purchases for you until you’re ready to leave. Locations include:

Disneyland Resort Stroller Shop
Elias & Company in Disney California Adventure Park
Pioneer Mercantile at Disneyland Park
Port Royal at Disneyland Park
The Star Trader at Disneyland Park

Probably not what you were hoping to get for an answer but that is what I would recommend.

Also, I would double check before your trip dates to see if there have been any changes to the package check service due to the new safety procedures. Also see if the lockers will be available. Maybe renting a large locker might be another option to add to your list as a backup?
And you might want to ask this question in the New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019) to find out what other DISers have been using in the parks and what fit their GE haul best.

It might just be cheaper to ship things home than to buy a large enough bag to carry it all. I bought a big castle toy thing from Emporium and the shipping charge was nominal (perhaps < $10?)

I've never purchased anything at SWGE, much less had it shipped home, so hopefully someone can comment on that. A question posed to Disney Moms Panel confirmed shipping was available at the time.

This won't help the initial question, but since we're on the subject of backpacks, the backpack I use for short weekend hops is the Cotopaxi Alpa 35L. It just barely fits underneath a Southwest Airlines seat (pokes out just a bit), holds quite a bit, handles well, and is comfortable to wear.

Have you thought about getting a locker?

Assuming they will still have them available to guests when they reopen.

Have you thought about getting a locker?

Assuming they will still have them available to guests when they reopen.
i thought of getting a locker,but having to walk back to the front of the park and THEN BACK to where i was...nah no thanks.i really don't mind carrying things around all day.did that last year with my first droid and 2 boxes.one was the tool kit and the other blasters and had a light jacket in my pack.

how ever you want to call it i need help with looking for a new one.i want one that will fit within their requirements(18 high 15 wide and 24 long).i'm driving to disneyland but AFTER there's a vaccine .roaming park with a face mask would not be fun. i won't be bring anything but the pack and a light jacket in but i'll be leaving with a good sized haul from galaxy's edge.namely(also if it helps i'm not going to take the boxes they are put in since they'll be in my pack) 2 droids in the morning with 2 boxes of body panels for them. both holocrons and all the kybers i can buy,some savi lightsabers and stands for them,also 2 personalty chips for 2 more droids before i leave.so the packs i've looked at have features that i want and like so please be within those for help.i DO NOT like those packs with strings for straps or sling type bags/packs. i prefer packs with the chest and hip straps.can't seem to post the links. i don't ride roller coasters.just don't like them but i'm ok with the Indiana jones ride which i can just as easily skip

ok what i've looked at is:
High Sierra Access Laptop Backpack
The North Face Surge Backpack
The North Face Recon Backpack
FENGDONG 40L Waterproof Lightweight Hiking,Camping,Travel Backpack for Men Women
WolfWarriorX Men Backpacks Large Capacity Military Tactical Hiking Expandable 39L-60L Backpack(to tall maybe???)
MOUNTAINTOP 40L Unisex Hiking/Camping Backpack
REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack Large Army 3 Day Assault Pack Molle Bag Backpacks

that's it for me.if there are better alternatives i'm happy to hear them and check them out.

I like the North Face backpack as well as Jansport backpacks. By the way, they have some models you may like. Here are some good models to make your research easier. And now I want to read about WolfWarrior X Men Backpack.

My DH uses one of these for backpacking, he thinks it's the Catalyst but they have less expensive ones. They're ultralight, no frame (removable foam insert), and has chest and hip straps. They carry a HUGE amount of gear.

https://www.ula-equipment.com/products/packs/
One of these may be 'overkill' but if you're going to plan on carrying such a huge amount of 'cargo' it might be worth it.

I went to WDW a couple of weeks ago. The masks are no big deal. The ultra-short lines though? YES PLEASE! I would not hold off your trip until there is a vaccine - at least I didn't. That could be a long while and the crowds will be back when that happens.
I second getting a locker. You are talking about some sizable purchases cash-wise. Why risk breaking anything by carrying it around the park all day? The standard lockers on Main Street are probably not big enough, but the large lockers over in the picnic area under the monorail beam are. Either that or get it back to your car or hotel. DL is not that big, especially if it is not crowded.

I know it isn't on your list, but I'm a big fan of the Cotopaxi Luzon Del Dia. Very roomy, comfortable and my go-to for hiking.

That said, I have a much smaller Mickey-themed backpack I picked up at the Target on Harbor that I use as my bag when I'm going around the parks. The Luzon is much larger and I don't need that much space. I agree that shipping or doing your lightsaber experience later in the day before you take a break to head back to the hotel or something might be best. They don't retract and are VERY long and unwieldy when you are trying to go on other attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!