Need some help/advice

Briarprincess

Disney Movie Buff and Future Special Education Tea
Despite being an old pro at Disney, I'm just wondering what you guys would recommend as "must do" for a 19 year old guy who's never been?

My family is going over my spring break and my boyfriend is coming with us. He's never been to Disney except for an extremely chaperoned (sp?) high school trip and didn't get to experience it at all.

Wow, how long are you guys going for? Cause there are so many must-dos that it's hard to narrow it down.

But one absolute must do for any age, I think, is to sit in the front of the monorail. Even better if it is on the trip from Epcot to TIcket and Transportation or vice versa.

Definitely see "Wishes". I think he'll have fun no matter where y'all go as long as you're together.

segway tour at epcot.. its only about 80 bucks for a two hour ride.. lots of fun

Those are great ideas. We're going for one week, a Saturday afternoon through a Friday afternoon.
We're a bit tight on money since we're both in school, so we want to keep a small budget, but I really want him to have fun.
The first night, instead of going to a park for only a couple hours, I'm thinking of maybe Disney Quest since he's a BIG game guy, but I haven't been in years, like when they opened. Any one able to tell me what's good to do in there?

We'll definitly hit the monorail even if it's just for a quick trip around. I was in the front years ago, the guy actually took us from MK all the way around for a full loop and let us stay until we were back at the Poly for the second time. That was awesome.
I LOVED Wishes, it was amazing, I won't miss that for sure.
I'm not too sure he'd be into the SEGWAY tour, but that's something I might look into for my mom, she loves that thing.

But I'm liking these ideas, so keep them coming if you've got any! :jumping1:

definitely try and go to an E-ride night if available, you get the park at night with not many guests and no lines.
Is he an early riser?...If so I always like hitting the parks early and leaving by lunch and hanging out poolside and then going back at night and just taking your time around the parks

He is an early riser and I've already told him that there would be at least one day I wanted him to be at a park opening. If they offer the E-Ride night while we're there, my family ALWAYS does it. When they first started we would be literally the only people in certain "lands" for a while. It's still great, but I'm pretty sure it's been more crowed the past couple of years when we did it.

They may not be doing "E-ride" nights exactly as they were in the past, but they do have the new "Evening Extra Magic Hours" program for Disney Resort guests, where each park is open later for resort guests only, up to 3 extra hours, one night a week. (There is also the "Early" EMH program, where each park is open 1 hour early one day a week for Disney Resort guests)

Well, go to Pleasure Island! When my ex (then bf) went to WDW with the family, we veered off and went to the clubs, although he isn't much of a dancer. It was fun to hang out, go to the comedy club, and all of that. You can buy tix at your hotel, too.

Thanks guys. Those are all great ideas. I'm sure we're doing DQ since he LOVES games, and we already have plans to go see Wishes, Fantasmic and Illuminations (and Spectromagic since that is my favorite parade ever).
But now I'm stuck because our 3 year anniversary is the week after we get back and we want to do something while we're down there- dinner probably.
I want to do something special for him besides dinner too though. I have NO ideas, but he is shy too, so whatever we do can't be too showy.... Any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter