Need some new true crime podcast suggestions

KAMLEM

DIS Veteran
I have been hooked on podcasts lately, specifically true-crime missing person and murder podcasts, so I'm looking for suggestions. So far I have listened to Serial, Up and Vanished, Gone at 21, Accused, Unconcluded, Someone Knows Something, Missing & Murdered: Who Killed Alberta Williams and Missing Maura Murray. Anyone have any good suggestions? I like the serial style as opposed to the ones that are just one episode.

Following because I just started listening to podcasts and I LOVE true-crime stories. I've been hooked on Sword and Scale, but unfortunately they are only single, hour long episodes as opposed to a series.

Tell me about these podcasts. I'm interested in listening to the at the gym. Is it just a couple of people sitting around discussing a case? Or is it more like watching a TV program about a case minus the picture?

I was going to mention Sword and Scale as well. Most episodes are hourlong one-offs, but some extend over a couple of episodes. It focuses on the criminal and is a combination narration/audio podcast -- sometimes there will be snippets from a police interview or courtroom, and once or twice he's interviewed the criminal himself.

My favorite is Last Podcast on the Left. They mostly do serial killers and usually cover the topic in an episode or two so maybe that's not what you are looking for.
The way it's done is more comedy and it's definitely off color so it's not for everyone.

My favorite is Last Podcast on the Left. They mostly do serial killers and usually cover the topic in an episode or two so maybe that's not what you are looking for.
The way it's done is more comedy and it's definitely off color so it's not for everyone.

I LOVE Last Podcast on the Left. I listen to this one exclusively.

True Crime Garage is also great. Currently hooked on this one after finishing Sword and Scale

I just finished Dirty John which was good. I love My Favorite Murder which is hilarious and definitely off-color.

True Crime Garage is also great. Currently hooked on this one after finishing Sword and Scale

I was gonna recommend this one too. I just started listening to a few and find them very good at the genre.

A little late to the party, but Serial Season 1 is great. Another, which maybe I loved because it's familiar to me, is Crimetown. Some crazy stories(and cast of characters) ...all true.

The Trail Went Cold. He does a lot of cases that were featured on Unsolved Mysteries. It’s my favorite podcast

Have you listened to S-Town? It’s by the same group behind Serial. The people I know who have listened to it loved it.

Reactions: GAN
In the Dark is a 9 or 10 episode podcast about the Jacob Wetterling murder. They started the podcast and just before they released it, the killer was found. It's fantastic.

As far as non-"serial" podcasts these are my recommendations: Ear Hustle is not true crime, but it's produced by prisoners in San Quentin and very interesting. My Favorite Murder is my absolute favorite. I also like Last Podcast on the Left. Both are comedy/true crime, but sometimes the guys on LPOTL are a little juvenile, but they do great research. I also like True Crime Garage and Generation Why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter