Need some opinions on SPring 2019....planning ahead!

When would YOU go?

• I would pull the kids from school and go in May!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I would go during Spring Break!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Try another time during school that is a compromise. (Miss school, but have more time to catch up!)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
But no matter what, if you're driving, make sure you know what kind of roads you'll be on. We do go through the mountains, but we've been pretty lucky about missing storms. My family used to travel every March from Winnipeg to Florida when I was a kid, and then, even more recently. But you can have any kind of weather from winter storms to flooding at that time of year. It never stopped my Dad, but you have to be prepared for that. Watch the weather forecasts and be prepared to change up your route, if you have to.

Nope. We will NOT be driving! LOL Too stressful for me. DH and I always fight on roadtrips. I am NOT a good navigator! lol

FWIW I braved the spring break crowds a few years ago, after always going last week of Sept. I was pleasantly surprised when we went. The only park that had larger crowds was MK. But with a good plan, it was no problem. We have gone back every March break since and the same. Have fun.

Thank you!

OP, another thing to consider is how your daughter would feel about missing school in May? I don't think you've told us. You've said that the idea scares you, and that you think it would cause her stress... but does she feel the same way?

When does March Break usually fall in Winnipeg? Mid-March can be pretty busy at WDW, but if you are able to go earlier in the month (lucky Quebec students!) or later in March during a year were Easter falls later in April, it should be a bit better. The second week in March is usually break time for both Ontario and Texas (amongst others), and last year Florida fell during that week as well (looks like Florida is the third week in March this year). You mentioned the last week in March in one of your posts; I think that would likely be better than mid-month.

DD says she wouldn't care - she would make it work, but we are talking about a people-pleasing high-functioning anxious kid. She will always try to make us happy, even at the expense of her own health. :(

And March break for the entire province of Manitoba (All elemtary, middle school and high school) is the last week of March. And Easter isn't until around April 21st in 2019!!!

Hi, we have been to Orlando during March Break over 10 times. Every year we went someone would tell us we were crazy! ie Too busy, too costly etc. They were some of the best family vacations we ever had! Planning and researching is the key! You are doing great on some early planning! Good luck.

This makes me feel SOO good! Honestly - like SO good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter