Need strategy help for middle school group for 1.5 days please?!?

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
Hi DISers!

I could really use some feedback for how to maximize our 1.5 days at the parks with a group of 6 middle school girls who basically want to ride all the e-ticket/FP popular rides. :) We arrive tomorrow Thursday, 1/23 around noon & will be in the parks until DL closes at 9PM. Friday we will be there from open until 10PM. Thursday I'm thinking of just doing traditional FP combined with single rider to knock out hopefully all the big rides at DCA but not sure which order & which to do FP vs. single rider. At DCA they want to do the following in no particular order: Soarin, RSR, Guardians, TSMM, Incredicoaster & Goofy's Sky School then we will hop to DL and maybe try to hit a few rides before closing. Then on Friday we are planning to get through the gates before opening to try to get ROTR Boarding passes then they want to ride all the usual popular stuff like: Pirates, Indy, BTMRR, MFSR, Splash, Space, Matterhorn maybe, Star Tours & possibly Buzz. We are planning to get MP on Friday since we have a whole day minus their band Soundtrack session in AM from about 9:30AM to 11:30AM. I will of course be watching the app to see how return times are looking & what is down but wondering what order I should go in on what days? Any advice would be appreciated! TIA:)

Is it possible for you to get MP for Thursday, too? With a large group, it might really help since you'll have hoppers. Arriving late already puts you at a disadvantage, so having MP to grab whatever is available and any cancellations that pop up might help. If MP isn't possible, then keep a close eye on the FP availability and return times on the app. That will help you decide what to go for. Before using SR, make sure all the girls know that they might get split up (i.e. not in the same vehicles), so they might not all exit at the exact same time. So have a designated meeting spot at the exit for each ride and make sure everyone knows not to wander off until all of you have checked in. And have a plan in case the ride goes down while some of your group is still inside. (Rare, but can happen.)

Absolutely Maxpass Thursday. I did a similar thing with my daughter's band, though we did start earlier in the day (but the choir had a mid-day session slot separate from band). We got a TON done between 11a and midnight, taking whatever popped up on Maxpass. It was a little harrowing since that was also the day they opened reservations for Galaxy's Edge and crashed the Maxpass system for an hour or so in the morning, but it worked well.

Hi DISers!

I could really use some feedback for how to maximize our 1.5 days at the parks with a group of 6 middle school girls who basically want to ride all the e-ticket/FP popular rides. :) We arrive tomorrow Thursday, 1/23 around noon & will be in the parks until DL closes at 9PM. Friday we will be there from open until 10PM. Thursday I'm thinking of just doing traditional FP combined with single rider to knock out hopefully all the big rides at DCA but not sure which order & which to do FP vs. single rider. At DCA they want to do the following in no particular order: Soarin, RSR, Guardians, TSMM, Incredicoaster & Goofy's Sky School then we will hop to DL and maybe try to hit a few rides before closing. Then on Friday we are planning to get through the gates before opening to try to get ROTR Boarding passes then they want to ride all the usual popular stuff like: Pirates, Indy, BTMRR, MFSR, Splash, Space, Matterhorn maybe, Star Tours & possibly Buzz. We are planning to get MP on Friday since we have a whole day minus their band Soundtrack session in AM from about 9:30AM to 11:30AM. I will of course be watching the app to see how return times are looking & what is down but wondering what order I should go in on what days? Any advice would be appreciated! TIA:)

I'm impressed that you know what an E ticket is. Maybe for fun you can ask the kids if they know what that means other than having some sort of admission ticket displayed on an electronic device.

DisneyETicket_wbelf.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter