Need suggestions for meds

LisaBi

DIS Veteran
Connor takes Synthroid daily, but since he can't swallow a pill, I crush it in applesauce. (Yes - I know the bottle says not to, but the Dr. is aware).

Last year in WDW, I put the med. in liquid. He didn't like it, and keeps reminding me that we need to take applesauce this year. Well, we are flying and not renting a car. I am taking a soft-side cooler, so if I had a jar I could keep it cool. Or the single serve packs would work.

But I'm hesitant to travel with either form - afraid it would get broken or crushed. I didn't see any for sale, except with a few kids meals in the parks.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
LisaB

When my son couldn't swallow pills yet, we put the pills into pudding. It has been a long time since I have been at WDW, but I bet surely they would have pudding someplace. Also, if you get the kind that doesn't need refrigeration, you could just pack it with you. :)

Once you are there can you go to a grocery store? Hmmm that is a good question??? I know when we stayed at all star resorts that there was apple sauce at the food service area of the hotel. The reason I know is because I was on pain medication and was very nauseated and all I could seem to hold down was apple sauce and yogurt. But that was three years ago so maybe call WDW and see if the resort you are staying in has apple sauce? I agree, taking it on the plane will be a pain in the you know what. They are so pick about what you brig on the plan and if you do not carry it on they are very rough with it. Well I guess I did not help you much sorry but good luck!!!!!!!
JenJen

I wonder if he would eat baby applesauce? Some of that is packaged in plastic jars, so less chance of breaking.
I have gone places with single serve applesauce (well, I didn't know it and one got into DD's backpack on the back of her wheelchair). If they break or get a tear, they do make a mess. But, if you keep the individual applesauces in the cardboard sleeve they come packed in and pack that in a sealed plastic bad, I don't think you will have a problem.
My MIL usually travels by plane with all sorts of stuff; canned salmon, cheese, powdered soup mix and has had no problems with security.

Try getting a plastic tupperware/rubbermaid container you can fit the single serve cup in to protect it and still have what he is used to-or bring a small plastic jar-keep it in the fridge and bring the tiny single server (salad dressing size) rubbermaid container -put a couple spoonfulls in it as you need it. Have a great trip.

We always ship some food items and bottled water down a couple of days in advance. I know WATER???. Don't like the water down there I need the good stuff from up here and the springs of Chippewa.

There was yogart at white water snacks today and some small applesace The yogurt is 1.89 and that applesauce was 1 dollar I believe.

Lisa, we always take applesauce in the single serve packs for our dds to take their meds. We don't fly so I am not sure about that. We keep them in the cardboard package they come in and put them in a ziplock bag like Sue suggested. We just put them down in one of our dds backpacks. Not sure where you are staying but most places at WDW will get applesauce for you if you request it.

Hope you have a great trip!

LisaBi said:
Connor takes Synthroid daily, but since he can't swallow a pill, I crush it in applesauce. (Yes - I know the bottle says not to, but the Dr. is aware).

Last year in WDW, I put the med. in liquid. He didn't like it, and keeps reminding me that we need to take applesauce this year. Well, we are flying and not renting a car. I am taking a soft-side cooler, so if I had a jar I could keep it cool. Or the single serve packs would work.

But I'm hesitant to travel with either form - afraid it would get broken or crushed. I didn't see any for sale, except with a few kids meals in the parks.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
LisaB

i to have to crush my meds and i use grape jelly or fruit flavored. there is always small packs of those around at eating places. there easy to travel with and don't break open. it makes the meds taste better than applesauce,i think. :wave:

The resorts have baby applesauce and peaches in the stores. Be careful traveling with the plastic packs of applesauce. I had the gerber's plastic applesauce in the diaper bag and it got dented by accident and leaked.

Has anyone ever traveled with an epi pen? It needs to stay cool, but not cold.
Any suggestions?

My son also takes his meds in applesauce. I ship ahead of time. But you also could put it in a few ziploc bags to pack in luggage. Also put it in your carryon. Good luck.

Disney offers applesauce with kid's meals now (I know for sure at Cosmic Ray's).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter