• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need suggestions on reservations

sfeisen

Mouseketeer
After having spent countless fabulous vacations at WDW, we are really looking forward to DL the week before Thanksgiving!

Knowing the ins-and outs of WDW, I feel lost in planning for DL.

Any recommendations on NOT TO MISS shows, restaraunts, etc. that I need to make priority seating for?

We are staying with relatives and this will probably only be a one day encounter. Any day of the week that is better to go? We were considering Monday, Nov. 21st. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Susan

None of the shows require Priority Seatings, unless you want to do the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet, but I'm not sure that Fantasmic would be showing on the day you're thinking about.

If you only have one day and you've never been, I wouldn't take the time for a sit down meal, but that's me. There's plenty of good counter service/buffeteria style places that will be much quicker.

My Birnbaum's book says that Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the least crowded.

I have only been to DL once (I'm a WDW veteran too!) but I have heard great things about the Blue Bayou restaurant (over by POC in NO Square area). We were there in March and it kinda was chilly in the shade. We didn't eat at the restaurant but got a bowl of clam chowder at a food stand. The bowl was made of bread and the soup was delicious. It really warmed up up.

Comparing the two parks, I though DL POC was better but WDW Haunted Mansion was better. I loved the portion around Peter Pan's ride as all of the rides were right there and you could park your stroller and ride 4-5 without having to move it. Make sure to ride the classic rides that WDW does not have (Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Storyland Canal Boats....)

You can't go wrong. DL is amazing. I went in thinking it would be much less of a good time that WDW and I ended up liking it better.

Forgive me for asking....but, what is special about Blue Bayou? I'm also interested in Ariel's grotto princess luncheon, as I have a DD5 and DD10. Though it would be horrifying for my DS12 and DS9.

From what I have heard/read, it is the ambiance. There are tables which are kinda 'in' the POC ride. In other words, you can see the boats go by and they can see you. I remember seeing the tables while on the ride. So, even though you are in the restaurant, you feel as if you are in the bayou of the Caribbean. You have the same lighting and surroundings as the people on the ride do.

It is kinda like the restaurant on the Mexico ride in Epcot.

"I have heard great things about the Blue Bayou restaurant (over by POC in NO Square area)"

You ARE IN the Pirates of the Cairbbean. Right near the loading dock, when the boats are first released into the "river". It is my favorite place to eat because of this novelty. You guys have Cinderella's Royal Table, which is cool because you get to eat in your castle, and we have Blue Bayou in our PotC. :)

You do need to make reservations for Blue Bayou to insure a table, so call Disney dining 30 days out.

Aside from making a point to hit stuff WDW doesn't have (don't miss Indian Jones! It's one of my faves!), don't miss the stuff that are the same, because frankly they are not the same. You will find Pirates to be longer and with better drops. Our Space mountain only has one track. But we have the Matterhorn, which you guys don't have, and it has two tracks--try both! Fantasyland in DLR is way more detailed and richly textured than the flat panels in MK. The rides inside are much the same. The two Splashes are different, too. The most obvious being the logs seat differently here than there, but I understand that the drops and length of the ride at WDW may be better. You will have to ride to find out for yourself. And lastly, don't miss the Tiki room. This is the classic attraction, not the :Under New Management" WDW has.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter