Need tips for feet

Rafiki Rafiki Rafiki

<font color=peach>I took matters into my own hands
I don't have problems with blisters on my feet, but I do have plantar facitis in one foot. I got cortizone injections in it yesterday, but I can tell you it's gonna hurt when I start walking all day.

Anyone have any suggestions to minimize the pain?

Dr. Scholl's has a line of foot products called Cushlin. This is a thin clear jelly like pad. They come in all different sizes, and areas for the foot. I have a similar problem to yours, and use the pad made for that part of the foot. It makes all the difference in the world, and I bring 2 of them on every trip to WDW.:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Are you talking about the really bad pain in the flat part of your heel? I've had a problem with that in the past. What I've found to help is to wear shoes with plenty of cushion, especially under my heel. Also, don't continue to wear shoes that have become worn out even if they are still comfy. (Yeah, I know this can get expensive:( ) After the cushioning starts getting worn down and compacted, your foot will take more of a beating with every step and eventually the pain comes back. Also, you probably already know this, but proper arch support is really important.

By the way, I found a website that seems to have some really good info about this. It's www.heelspurs.com. Hope this helps.:)

I've got plantar fasciitis in both feet. I feel for you having to go through the cortizone injections. I've had 3 rounds of injections. Next will be surgery. :-( My advice to you is to get a good pair of shoes (New Balance or Birkenstocks) and get a good arch support. I use a spenco orthodic arch support. Or you can go to a place that sells Birkenstocks and they can make you custom orthodics for around $100. As far as what to do about minimizing the pain after the injection, I suggest to keep up with your ibuprophen. (sp?) And if your dr gave you any kind of pain meds, make sure to take them until they're gone. A few days after the shot your heels will feel as good as new. It usually takes 6-8 weeks for the cortizone to completely wear off for me. So my feet are tolerable for that time frame. Good luck to you.

I know this sounds stupid, but I have found that doing stretching excercises have virtually eliminated heel pain for me. I don't know how it works, but I used to wake up and go to bed with heel pain. Simply stretching my calf muscles several times daily has given me amazing relief. I was skeptical about it at first, but it cost nothing and it wasn't painful to do the exersises, so what did I have to lose?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter