Need to whine a bit

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Could the Disney web site be any more of a pain? Was on before 6 am to make dining reservations. Every time I searched on restaurant, and would try to search another, the site would spin and spin. Then I would have to log in again in order to get my 60+ dates. Not to mention all of the sorry we are having problems messages. Ugh. Why can't they do better?

Could the Disney web site be any more of a pain? Was on before 6 am to make dining reservations. Every time I searched on restaurant, and would try to search another, the site would spin and spin. Then I would have to log in again in order to get my 60+ dates. Not to mention all of the sorry we are having problems messages. Ugh. Why can't they do better?

So frustrating. I had more trouble with my early July reservations than I usually have too. But not as bad as you. Hope you eventually found what you wanted.

Yes, Disney IT tends to be awful. All I can suggest is closing all your browser windows and starting from scratch in a brand new Incognito/private browsing window when you are doing something time sensitive like ADRs. This is equivalent to clearing all your cookies and cache but without the inconvenience of having to login all over again into sites like Amazon and DISBoards.

I feel your pain. Just made my ADRs and ran into multiple glitches - pages not loading, "check availability" links not working, results inconsistent (would tell me there was nothing available, but re-running the search would show plentiful availability), etc. It added needless stress to an already-stressful job.

I hope you got what you wanted! I eventually did, but it was an annoying process.

Well, I have been having issues even when I am trying to cancel before the 2 hour window !
Keep having to try repeatedly to Modify/ Cancel dining . It’s as if Disney just wants me to give up and forget because they need the $10 cancel fee too.

My window opened last Tuesday. It took forever to book 5 reservations. Spinning, reloading, site crashing- you name it. Could not get it to just store my credit card info. Also twice I got to the confirmation page (looking like I was booked) and no email confirmation. I’m glad I went back and looked because those 2 ADR’s were not booked despite having the confirmation page come up. I suppose I shouldn’t complain because a little while after I made my ADRs the whole site was down for a good part of the day.

Unfortunately the 2 I really want I know are hard to get. Space and Beaches and Cream. Booked Ale and Compass in place of Beaches and Cream. Going to keep checking.

Unfortunately the 2 I really want I know are hard to get. Space and Beaches and Cream. Booked Ale and Compass in place of Beaches and Cream. Going to keep checking.
Definitely keep checking. I can’t speak for Space because I haven’t been but I often find B&C popping up closer to my trips.

I have no doubt you'll get B&C. As pp said, lots come open closer plus walk up works. We had a 115, showed up right at noon and were seated in 5 minutes.

Did you do this on your phone or on a computer? For some reason, I have much better luck using my phone (android phone with Chrome browser) than a desktop for Disney stuff. I suspect that mobile versions of browsers are updated more frequently.

I was able to make about 10 ADRs on my phone for my July trip in about 10 minutes. No glitches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter