Need Toronto Hotel Help

toystoryduo

DIS Veteran
My grandparents will be visiting Toronto in late September and need some advice on hotels near the SkyDome. They are looking for a nice hotel around $60-$70 USD per night that has a shuttle service to the SkyDome. I have gotten some great tips and advice on the DISboards and so I told her that I would see what I could find out!

They also would like to know if it is necessary for them to exchange their currency from USD to CD and approximately how much food costs at the SkyDome.

Your help is very much appreciated.:D

Have a great day!!:Pinkbounc

Hotels that cheap downtown are tricky. I would suggest choosing a nice hotel, and seeing what kind of discounts they'll give your grandparents. There is a hotel at the Skydome, but I don't know what the rates are. There are also the package specials that they've been offering since our tourism industry got creamed. You might want to look into those. http://www.itstimeforalittleto.ca/

US$'s are widely accepted in Toronto, so they shouldn't need to exchange, although they would get a much better rate at the bank.

I'm sure your grandparents will have a great time.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

For $70 US just have to call and ask for weekend specials and ask for the best rate. For instance I could book the Cambridge Suites (2 room suite, breakfast and parking) for about $110 US (including tax). Check websites and ask for the best rates. Toronto is reeling from SARS and now the Blackout.

Some hotels to check are:

SkyDome
Sheraton
Hilton
Hyatt
Holiday Inn
Delta Chelsea

Hi,

I work right across the street. I would recommend the Crown Plaza. It's barely even a block from the SkyDome. The reservations page is down right now so I cannot get the prices but here is a link to the homepage. I book this place all the time for regional reporters and they have always been good to us.

They would not even need a shuttle as you can walk underground and through the Skywalk in air conditioned comfort in about five to ten minutes.

Crown Plaza Front Street Toronto

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter