Need WARM Spring Break Destination Ideas in US

frostedpink

Mouseketeer
Hello! I'm looking for ideas for warm places to visit during spring break in the USA (March timeframe). I was looking at Panama City FL or Gulf Shores but the historical temps say only the low 70's?!? I want it to be warm enough for the beach!
We've done Orlando, San Diego, LA, and Ft Myers. Thanks everyone!

I went to Mexico Beach, FL (just a few miles from Panama City) in college in March and it was warm enough for the beach. That area did get hammered by a hurricane last fall, so I'm not sure how much is up and running or what shape the beaches are in now. I was there for work in February and it was still looking very rough (ate at a Subway that still had some of the windows boarded up, flattened buildings and trees everywhere). That said, they probably need more tourism money to help rebuild.

We have friends that have (or had) a place in Mexico Beach. They said it is still terrible there. There is St. George Island or maybe Siesta Key in Florida which is right outside Sarasota

We have been to Gulf Shores many times during Spring Break.
For us Spring Break can be March or April.
Every year has been different. Sometimes it can be unseasonably cool/rainy. Other times its been blissfully warm and sunny.
There are certainly no guarantees when hoping for warm weather. I would say that "generally" April has had better weather than March. And the Gulf water temp is still cool in the spring.

March in Orlando can still be too cool for pools or the beach. We were there a few years ago in late March and daily highs for the first part of the week were around 70, with lows around 55. Great for the parks, but not so much for swimming IMHO. I'd be looking to go farther south--Naples or farther down.

Hello! I'm looking for ideas for warm places to visit during spring break in the USA (March timeframe). I was looking at Panama City FL or Gulf Shores but the historical temps say only the low 70's?!? I want it to be warm enough for the beach!
We've done Orlando, San Diego, LA, and Ft Myers. Thanks everyone!
US V.I. and Puerto Rico.

Last edited:
We live in St Pete and had family come for spring break last year to hit the beach and Disney and it was quite chilly - no one got in the water and they were freezing when the sun went down at Disney. IMO FL beach areas are hit and miss for spring break (and we are further south than the panhandle!).

Miami/Keys might be more reliable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter