Need your opinion of you have FP+ experience (please)

Is the difference in FP+ significant two weeks out vs. one week out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ILoveDisneyLikeIm5

Earning My Ears
I haven't been to Disney for about 6-7 years, which was before FP+. We're heading to the Parks 3/8 for one day and staying off, offsite 3/7-3/9 for about $100/night. This means we can't book FP+ reservations until 3/1. I just found out that staying at a Disney Spring hotel gives you the opportunity to book them within 30 days of visit.

So... here's my question... If I cancel my off, offsite tomorrow and book a room at Disney Springs... do you think there will be a significant difference between FP+ availability tomorrow (2 weeks out) vs. when the open up to the general public next week?

Thank you very much for your time.

Tell me what you're looking for and I can go check on my MDE. I'm linked with a friend right now who has an AP so he gets the 30 day rolling window. Since your trip is literally right around the corner, I can't see what difference it would make to have the 30 day window Disney Springs gives you considering your past that now. Understand what I'm saying? If were going to be in the parks 3/8, then your 30 day window opened on the 8th or 9th of this month. That was a few weeks ago. So as it stands, why bother with the extra $100 when you've only got a couple weeks till you're there anyway?

Tell me again what you're looking for and I can check to see what's available. :D

I'm confused. We always stay onsite but I thought anyone could book FP at 30 days as long as you had a ticket. Have you not bought tickets?

I have a one-day park hopper not tied to a hotel package.

I have recently learned that FP+ opens up 60 days in advance for on site guests, 30 days in advance for preferred resort guests (Disney Springs hotels), and 1 week in advance for everyone else.

If you are 2 weeks away from your trip you should be able to book your fastpass right now, regardless of where you are staying, as long as you have your tickets linked to my Disney experience.

If you are 2 weeks away from your trip you should be able to book your fastpass right now, regardless of where you are staying, as long as you have your tickets linked to my Disney experience.

The tickets were generously given to me by a cast member. Maybe that's why I can't book FP+ until one week prior?

The tickets were generously given to me by a cast member. Maybe that's why I can't book FP+ until one week prior?

Yes, that is why. Switching hotels will not help. But you should have almost as much availability then as you do now. Book as soon as you are able.

I have a one-day park hopper not tied to a hotel package.

I have recently learned that FP+ opens up 60 days in advance for on site guests, 30 days in advance for preferred resort guests (Disney Springs hotels), and 1 week in advance for everyone else.

Off site guests can also book their FP+ selections 30 days in advance. I don't know where you got a week from.

OP, based on my limited experience, I'd say that for the FPs worth getting, there isn't a whole lot of difference between 59 days out and two weeks out. It also sounds like one day out, with persistent, patient, and constant effort, can get a lot of things that even 59 days can't.

Won't matter, as explained. Your best bet is to get what you can when your window opens and then modify night before and day of.

OP, based on my limited experience, I'd say that for the FPs worth getting, there isn't a whole lot of difference between 59 days out and two weeks out. It also sounds like one day out, with persistent, patient, and constant effort, can get a lot of things that even 59 days can't.

Can you please elaborate a little more on on your last sentence there? I'm not sure what you mean and you sparked my curiosity.

Can you please elaborate a little more on on your last sentence there? I'm not sure what you mean and you sparked my curiosity.

They are likely referring to frequent refreshing, mentioned also in the FP FAQ Availability post:
- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

Simply put, while queueing (or any other time for that matter) using the MDE app you can modify or look for extra fast passes. If you are diligent, many people in real time are canceling their FP selections. By "refreshing" the app you can often find time slots open up day of or day before due to these cancellations. We usually do this while queuing for an attraction. You can "refresh" many times over a 5 minute queue time looking for another fast pass. Do follow the link in mesaboy2's post.

I'm preparing for our first Disney trip, so my experience is limited, but my experience was the hot FPs were available but just barely at 7am EST 60 days in advance—I got a FoP for our first day, but for an evening time. After that I checked for change several times a day, and once I got lucky and was able to change it to morning. Aside from that, in the past month there's been no turnover. I was thinking perhaps the 30-day mark would bring some, as some people might cancel their trip before having to pay, and maybe that's true for less popular reservations, but I'm still seeing no movement around FoP.

On the other hand, I've heard many talk about scoring difficult FPs the day before, or the morning of, their visit to the park (e.g. Our Experience Using the "Refresh Method", though don't count on having the same phenomenal success they did). At that point I'm not speaking from my own personal experience, but it appears there's more turnover once you're within 48 hours than there is for a long time prior.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter