Needlepointers...question?

FantasticDisFamily

<font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c
I know there have to be some of you out there even though we tend to focus on scrapping and cooking here :rolleyes: .

In sorting through my mom's craft room we found some contraptions Dad & I thought were part of her quilting frame. But when Dad took that to the church ladies quilting society they said they were not but they thought they might be for needlepoint or crewel work.

On those crafts I am clueless so any insight you might have would be greatly appreciated.

What we have are sets of dowels about 1/2 inch in diameter in matched pairs. There are wing nuts and the centers of the dowel lengths are partially covered in canvas. Are these meant to have the cloth being worked on attached to keep it taut perhaps? Sort of like an embroidery hoop?

There is also a set of wooden pieces that look like they might be a base and a large flat board with holes (like a pegboard) that has incremental squares marked off - is this last for blocking the finished work maybe?

As I said any insight on what these are and if they are still used, have any worth, etc. would be appreciated.

TIA!
Deb

Sounds like an embroidery stand. They scroll and either go across your lap or stand on the floor. You can get a floor model at wal-mart for about $20-$25 dollars. No real worth except to someone who emboiders or does cross stitch. THey are nice.

Thanks! That is sort of what I thought might be the case.

BTW - Great job on your losses. I walked that road and continue to walk the maintenance road. It never gets "easy" and with everything the last few months I put some of it back on from my lowest point. But having done it know it can come back on with strict adherence once again. Keep that in mind!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter