Nemesis Challenge 3 AKA Marathon Weekend 2015

I'm shooting for 2:10 <--- 10 min miles. That is the pace I run now although I'm only running 3-3.5 miles a few times a week.

Right now I'm at 12 min miles, but I'm confident I can get to a 10 min mile before then, going to try to get to 10 min miles before the ToT 10 miler.

Right now I'm at 12 min miles, but I'm confident I can get to a 10 min mile before then, going to try to get to 10 min miles before the ToT 10 miler.

Well if you do 10 miles at 10m/m you'll be able to do 13 miles at 10m/m. :thumbsup2

I don't plan on stopping for pics unless there is a short line.

It hasn't ever been like this... A few years back the registration was open into October. I'm shocked that it is selling so quick.
I was listening to someone talk about running stats and they mentioned that the number of endurance running race finishers had doubled in the past couple of years. I think that growth, coupled with the fact that Disney sits at kind of the pinnacle of the destination themed race is going to mean that Disney races will only sell out faster as time goes by. I think they have a while till they hit a market saturation point.

Sweet, running the half also. Hoping to find a fellow dad to pace, I'm pretty sure with my training I could finish around 2:30 hrs, but prob will be able to improve on that.

I'm shooting for 2:10 <--- 10 min miles. That is the pace I run now although I'm only running 3-3.5 miles a few times a week.

I'm running the Goofy but don't really know what my plan is yet. I've been sidelined with a knee injury. Today is my first day running again and it's going to be run/walk. My physical therapist told me to shoot for a 7mm running pace. If I'm done there solo I'd like to run with you guys. I could pace you if you'd like.

I was listening to someone talk about running stats and they mentioned that the number of endurance running race finishers had doubled in the past couple of years. I think that growth, coupled with the fact that Disney sits at kind of the pinnacle of the destination themed race is going to mean that Disney races will only sell out faster as time goes by. I think they have a while till they hit a market saturation point.
I think they are getting to the point where they are going to add more race days to each weekend or add more weekends. People are throwing money at Disney.

I'm running the Goofy but don't really know what my plan is yet. I've been sidelined with a knee injury. Today is my first day running again and it's going to be run/walk. My physical therapist told me to shoot for a 7mm running pace. If I'm done there solo I'd like to run with you guys. I could pace you if you'd like.
I'd love to run together if our pace is close. I doubt I could run a 7 m/m- well maybe I could run a mile or 2 at that pace. :rotfl2:

I think they are getting to the point where they are going to add more race days to each weekend or add more weekends. People are throwing money at Disney.

I'd like to see more weekends. Race mornings are crowded enough- I don't want to see more people. They could do one in early December and hit that dip in resort/park attendance. Anything outside of the Nov-Mar time frame and it's just too hot and dangerous to do a half or full.

I did not sign up. DW and I have been talking about replacing my vehicle soon and there is still the possibility that we may take the plunge on building a house in the near future so I decided last night to hold off for this next year. I am running ToT in October so that will have to be my fix. I do plan to do Marathon weekend again in the future (in a couple years I intend to do the full).

The sellout that quickly is crazy. Last year it lasted at least a month for the half. The year before I signed up in June and it was only at 50%.

Sweet, running the half also. Hoping to find a fellow dad to pace, I'm pretty sure with my training I could finish around 2:30 hrs, but prob will be able to improve on that.
. I'm looking to run it in under 2:30. Maybe a group of us could shoot for 2:15.

I'd like to see more weekends. Race mornings are crowded enough- I don't want to see more people. They could do one in early December and hit that dip in resort/park attendance. Anything outside of the Nov-Mar time frame and it's just too hot and dangerous to do a half or full.
During the avengers announcement tree was a story about a rumoured Star Wars 1/2 (of course in May or June for Star Wars Weekend, honestly if that did happen I would of signed up for that over Marathon weekend 1/2 but of course that was a rumour and RunDisney told me I couldn't defer from one race to the other.

. I'm looking to run it in under 2:30. Maybe a group of us could shoot for 2:15.

I'll be up for a 2:15 pace group

It hasn't ever been like this... A few years back the registration was open into October. I'm shocked that it is selling so quick.

... word got out that DISDads were running, and everyone knows that the DISDads are a fun group of guys...

... word got out that DISDads were running, and everyone knows that the DISDads are a fun group of guys...

Just look at the number of DisDads running has grown. Three years ago there were about 5, last year there were probably 20 runners. Mirrors how popular the races have become in the Disney community. They also cut back a bit on the number of slots open for each race. A $1,000 Dopey in the future to curb demand? Maybe.

Just look at the number of DisDads running has grown. Three years ago there were about 5, last year there were probably 20 runners. Mirrors how popular the races have become in the Disney community. They also cut back a bit on the number of slots open for each race. A $1,000 Dopey in the future to curb demand? Maybe.

Tim and I should get a cut of all proceeds from runDisney. Clearly, our original Nemesis Challenge has spurred a worldwide movement.

I'd love to run together if our pace is close. I doubt I could run a 7 m/m- well maybe I could run a mile or 2 at that pace. :rotfl2:

I'm doing the Goofy so I'll probably take it easy during the half. No real pace goals. I'd have no problem dropping back and enjoying a 10mm pace.

Yup I think my nemesis was one of the first ones to do it.

True but the main culprit is Mike Scopa.
Curse you Mickey Miles podcast!

Yup I think my nemesis was one of the first ones to do it.

I think my first Disney race was the half in 2005. My first race after joining the DisDads was the 2010 Marathon. No meets that time, not sure if anyone else was running it back then... :confused3

Awesome to see how much it's grown in this group. :thumbsup2

I think my first Disney race was the half in 2005. My first race after joining the DisDads was the 2010 Marathon. No meets that time, not sure if anyone else was running it back then... :confused3

Awesome to see how much it's grown in this group. :thumbsup2

Welp.. it's happening again. Pain on the lower leg above the ankle. This post was taken from mine & Barry's PTR for the 2013 marathon:

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. As of today we are 16 days away from the 1/2. I cringe while I type this. If you haven't been following on Facebook, here is my problem. I went running last Wednesday and my legs hurt for the entire run. I broke down and called for an appointment. I begged, pleaded, told them that I knew Barry, and some how they fit me in on Friday.

X-rays were negative. I have what amounts to deep bone bruises that with continued impact will most likely turn into fractures. I have been advised to stop running for 8 weeks to give time for my legs to heal on their own. Only problem- the 1/2 marathon is in 2 weeks. I told him that I am running the 1/2 regardless.... He smiled at me and said he cannot guarantee that if I run I won't fracture it and have it be so painful that I cannot finish. He suggested in order to keep up my cardio training by riding a stationary bike, swimming, or possibly an elliptical, as long as it isn't painful. He also suggested having me take vitamin D and calcium daily to help with bone rejuvenation. I am going to follow his recommendation and not run, ride the bike to keep my cardio up, and rest.

I went to the gym yesterday and rode the bike for 45 minutes. (11 miles) I barely broke a sweat and feel like my breathing never really elevated. I did raise the resistance to 8 and did intervals. My legs didn't hurt and I did some stretching afterward. My legs are a little sore today. I guess I should just lay low and test it out in a week or so. I wish the 1/2 was a few months away but it is in 2 weeks.

I have no idea how my body is going to react if I don't run for a few weeks then try to run 13 miles- a distance I haven't run before. But I will be standing there at the starting line on the 12 waiting for the start.

I felt a little pain when I started running yesterday and ignored it but I ran my 3.2 miles. Once I stopped, the pain was there- both legs, same spot. This is bull. I'm gonna shut it down till I get through my busy time in June but I need to figure out what to do when I start training again.

Do I have to diet and try to lose weight? I guess if I lost 20lbs that would help with less weight pounding on the legs. It's not the shoes… got fitted for running shoes in the fall. I'm at a loss. I'm gonna start the calcium and vitamin D pills again. How can you build up bone? I wasn't running with my compression sleeves on, do you think that could of helped/prevented this happening again? (I know you aren't a doctor, unless an actual doctor is here reading this). I am soooooooo upset about this. :badpc:

Welp.. it's happening again. Pain on the lower leg above the ankle. This post was taken from mine & Barry's PTR for the 2013 marathon: I felt a little pain when I started running yesterday and ignored it but I ran my 3.2 miles. Once I stopped, the pain was there- both legs, same spot. This is bull. I'm gonna shut it down till I get through my busy time in June but I need to figure out what to do when I start training again. Do I have to diet and try to lose weight? I guess if I lost 20lbs that would help with less weight pounding on the legs. It's not the shoes&#133; got fitted for running shoes in the fall. I'm at a loss. I'm gonna start the calcium and vitamin D pills again. How can you build up bone? I wasn't running with my compression sleeves on, do you think that could of helped/prevented this happening again? (I know you aren't a doctor, unless an actual doctor is here reading this). I am soooooooo upset about this. :badpc:
. Sorry to hear that came back. Hopefully it's not stress fractures. It could be your running stride putting too much stress on that area. May need to shorten it up if you have a longer stride. I would def head back to dr

. Sorry to hear that came back. Hopefully it's not stress fractures. It could be your running stride putting too much stress on that area. May need to shorten it up if you have a longer stride. I would def head back to dr
It is stress fractures.(or what amounts to the beginnings of them) I'm at a loss…. My wife sees my orthopedic at her hospital so I have her on a mission to talk to him.

I guess I started training too fast. I was only running 2 times a week x3-3.5 miles. It wasn't like I was putting a lot of stress on my legs. I guess I need to incorporate a strength regime before I start running again. My May and June is absolutely nuts with work so I probably wasn't going to run all that much anyway. I guess I should try to run some at the high school track. It is rubber which should take some of the pounding out of the legs. Wonder when I get back training if I should run my shorter runs on the track and only do my long runs on the road?

I'm only going to have 1 chance to get this straightened out. If I start running before it heals I'm going to set myself way back. The crazy thing is my legs feel great after running… it was my breathing that started out tough but I was getting more under control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!