Nervous Honeymooner in WDW looking for help!

QJ411

O'hana means family...
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time joining and posting a message...pls. bear with me! My fiance and I booked our Honeymoon in Disney...(Wedding date: 12/08/02) (Honeymoon: 12/12/02). I want everything to be perfect, we choose the 7 day Land/Cruise pkg. (Wilderness Lodge) w/ the add-on Honeymoon pkg. We decided to extend the honeymoon by staying for an additional 4 days after our Cruise (due to budget, will stay at P.O. Riverside), we will select the Discovery Pkg. But I'm really nervous, does anyone have any tips, stories or ideas for us? I've read that you get "cool" stuff for being Honeymooners...THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! :confused: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We went to WDW for our Honeymoon and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and we LOVED it. Request the Oak Manor (top floor) or Magnolia Terrace. We love the Port Orleans Riverside....It's beautiful! Tell them when you check in that you are on your Honeymoon. Request the Kingsize bed (or you'll get 2 doubles). don't let them move you to Alligator Bayou buildings (a lot of families with kids-Not that families and kids are bad-but do you want a lot of them on your honeymoon?).

Tell EVERYONE you are on your honeymoon.....I mean EVERYONE. Our airline upgraded up to First Class for FREE! I don't think I can ever fly coach again :) .

Make sure when you check in they know it's your honeymoon. When you make your PS arrangements (I personally love -Victoria & Alberts - but very $$$$).... chat to the person on the phone that you are on your honeymoon.... ask for advice on where to eat, etc.... they are very helpful and will mark all your dinner arrangements with the fact you are on your honeymoon.

Make sure the Cruise line knows. They don't do as much as WDW, but they do their best to make it special.

We weren't obvious about being on our honeymoon, (i.e., no wedding mouse ears or buttons, etc.) but we told people and I've gotta tell you WE HAD THE BEST TIME!!!

Congratulations and Best of Luck, if you need any more specifics about the Cruise or Port Orleans just write me and I can even send you pictures!

Autumngirl,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! And thanks for the tip. I thought about telling people we were on our honeymoon but I didn't think it would really make a difference, especially w/the airlines! Thanks again! We'll be sure to tell EVERYONE!
:p

QJ411,

Do tell!! Do tell!! I had the same thought as yours at the beginning. But as I read more about people's honeymoon trip report, I do notice that you will receive great surprises by telling people why you are there! By all means, it is Walt Disney and it will make your dreams come true.

In addition to what Autumngirl has mentioned, get you and your spouse a bride and groom ear hat when you are at the park. That makes your trip more fun and people will know why you are there without asking.

We will be going to WDW for my honeymoon in October. We will use Discovery Magic Package and stay at Coronado Springs.

Thanks JeanK74,

We are staying at the P.O. Riverside after the cruise, but for the first portion of our Honeymoon, we are staying at the WL...BUT I'm a bit confused...I might switch it to Poly, I hear great things about that resort also! If you have any recomendations, it'll be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks again!

Have fun on your honeymoon! We can't wait for ours!!!:p

OJ411,

If I were you, I would choose Poly over WL just because Poly has monorail and is more convenient than WL. But WL has been voted as the best themed resort in WDW.

So it really depends on what you want!! Think about this question: do you spend more time in the resort or out in the park? Then you would be able to make your decision.

Good luck!

Jean

Hi JeanK74,

That's true, (re: Where are we gonna spend more time resort or park)....most of the time we will be in the park, but I want to make the most of this honeymoon I guess. But thanks again for the posting...we'll keep you posted! :p

Oh we called yesterday to extend our honeymoon for the extra 4 days on land after the cruise, we originally wanted the Discovery Pkg for that portion of our honeymoon so our meals would be covered...unfortunately, Disney didn't allow us to combine the 2 pkgs...since we originally booked Honeymoon pkg...we can't use the Discovery one...:(

But the price for the extension was pretty reasonable, so hopefully it'll still under our budget when we have our meals!!! :Pinkbounc

QJ411,

I think food is probably the most expensive item in your trip to WDW, especially fine dining. I am using Discovery Magic and the package is charging me in average $30 per meal per person. Of course, I will dine at fancy restaurants, like Jiko, Artist Pointe and Chef De France to get more out of my pacakge.

But I have three good news to share with you on money saving if you are interested:

1. Join Disney Club: the membership costs you $39.95 annually. But if you go to www.mousesaver.com, it is offering $10 off the membership rate. Also, Disney Club is offering $50 on board credit for sailing in between 11/30/02 - 12/19/02. So it does cover yours. Also as DC member you get discount on resorts and shopping, too. I joined DC and saved over $200 on my trip. So I love the club. DC membership is refundable within 90 days. So you can join and get the rate. If you don't like it, you can return it.

2. Discount codes available next week: Codes are coming out next week or so. So you might get some discount. I know I will!!

3. Use Dreams Unlimited as your agent, if you are currently booking it yourself: Dreams Unlimited is also the backbone of Disboards. It is an online agent but offers a whole line of services to customers going to WDW. It is also offering up to $200 rebate on the Walt Disney cruise. Details are here. http://www.dreamsunlimited.com/cruise/rebate.htm. I first booked my honeymoon myself through DC. But then I heard about Dreams Unlimited and switched it over, no hassle... The agent has arranged an itinerary for me and offering me advice. Most important of all, he will watch out for discounts for me. And it is all free of charge. I am very satisfied so far.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Jean

Oh we called yesterday to extend our honeymoon for the extra 4 days on land after the cruise, we originally wanted the Discovery Pkg for that portion of our honeymoon so our meals would be covered...unfortunately, Disney didn't allow us to combine the 2 pkgs...since we originally booked Honeymoon pkg...we can't use the Discovery one...

Why don't you book it as a separate reservation- don't tell them you are adding on, call again and don't say anything about add-ons and try for the package if you want. As Jeank said, meals add up really fast, especially if you want more than just counter service all the time. Good luck! Let us all know how you do!

Hi Jean, Hi ZPT1022,

We tried to book it post honeymoon days as a seperate reservation, but the price it a bit more...(for the pkg, I guess)...so we have to sit down and recalculate...I know the meals are going to take a big chunk out of our funds.

But on the bright side, we are members of the DC and got the onboard credit...$50. (which helps...every little bit helps!)

I really wanted the Honeymoon pkg...but I just might call and see how much more for other pkgs...because I really like the meals included...Well, I'll keep you all posted! THANKS!

Maybe this will help a little- we wanted to do the honeymoon package at first- but we belong to AAA and went through them, this is where we found the best deal at the time. We have the deluxe magic, so we have all our meals included (tax and tip too), plus tours and recreation (minigolf, boats, parasailing, etc....). The only bummer is that it includes chilcare centers for age 4-12, which we definitely will not be using, however that is the only option we can't use. To add on a "honeymoon option" they wanted about $1500 more. The only extras we were getting for having it be a honeymoon option were : the romantic choice feature (we wanted the in park photo session), two fairytale honeymoon pins, and the Disney's fairytale honeymoon pins (I believe). Well,FH only really wanted the pins, and I was upset about the photo session. My TA was able to get us the totebag and pins anyhow without doing the honeymoon option and we called Disney photography and found out you can book the photo session for about $300. So we were able to add all the "options" back in for around $300 instead of $1500. Sorry to ramble for so long, I hope this makes sense, basically I am saying figure out which parts of the honeymoon package you are after and see if you can get them without the "package" Good luck

Hi ZPT1022,

Thanks for the info., we thought about going to a TA to book the Honeymoon, but we've had some horrible experiences with them. We were hoping that by booking directly with Disney, it would save us some headaches. I hope we made the right decision, my FH thinks I'm nuts because I'm so crazed over planning this honeymoon.

But thanks for all those info, it's been really helpful!!! We'll keep everyone posted!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter