Nervous Trans newbie

xipetotec

DIS Veteran
Hello, we have a new friend coming down with us early next year. She is a Trans woman and wanted to know about other's experiences at Walt Disney World as she is a little nervous. I'm sure as far as cast members go, she has nothing to worry about. But I think she is worried about the crowds. Obviously, no one can predict who or how people will behave. But what have your general experiences been?

I wouldn't worry about it. The CMs will be fine. The vast majority of the other guests will be fine...and those that are not don't really matter.

I agree, I think some concern is natural, but I would not be worried about any negative reactions.

People are so much in there own world there anyway!!

There are Trans CMs so I don’t think it should be a problem. People are generally pretty friendly

I think most people are too busy paying attention to their own vacation to notice/care about anyone else. When my daughter was very early in her transition, usually I or my other daughter would go to the restroom with her, but it was never necessary. People just don't examine each other when they are at a place like that.

I know this post is a bit old but I'm not on here very often.

Our son (13 years old) came out to us almost 2 years ago and last year's trip was great! Everyone referred to him as he/him, no mix ups, used the mens restroom, no issues. No one knew he was trans except us, I think because of this he never felt so comfortable! He was really able to enjoy this trip

My 18 year old son (female to male) just came out to us right before high school graduation. He's now in college and fully out to everyone.

We went to Hawaii last summer, and he had just cut his hair short (no hormones or anything), and he passed as a boy (he looks like a young boy, he's small) pretty much everywhere. I could see the joy in his face, finally being himself.

We're going to Disney in March (just decided), just him and me. I am sure Disney is the ONE place where you can totally be yourself!! Please encourage your friend that she can be welcomed anywhere, especially Disney. There are always going to be mean people, but MOST people can't be bothered with judging others.

Hoping the OP will post their experience when they return. I believe that everything will go just fine. Hearing a positive experience may help others that are in the same situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter