Netflix JAN 2020..whatcha watching?

lovemygoofy

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm still out for the count on medical leave and watching ridiculous amounts of television. My brain may be slowly turning to mush. I'm reading more this week to try to balance it out. Anyways what's everyone watching? I'm behind on most popular shows or they don't hold appeal.
Here's things I've watched recently:

The Circle (I'm going to need people to watch so I have people chat with about this!) I have no idea why I'm so fascinated with it.
Pose S1--Really liked it!
Virgin River--total campy drama but I liked that the leading people were my age and made it relatable
British Baking -- I think I watch it more because I'm trying to figure out the American words for what they are baking
Sugar Rush--I like baking shows
Glow Up--Just interesting to see people's talents
Healing Power of Dude--Just watched two episodes. Very cute
Dolly Parton Heart Strings--loved it..some were awful heartbreaking and lots tears
Merry Happy Whatever--it was fine..nothing special
Glow--silly but fun
Nailed It!--Easily one my favorite shows..it's like pinterest failure come to life

I have plenty more time to watch tv coming and wondering what others are watching.

Most recently was The Witcher, which we enjoyed. I'm about to cancel my Netflix, though, since it's way more expensive than Disney+ and I never could find more than a couple shows a year that interested me.

We've been watching:

Lost in Space
Greenleaf
Lucifer
Person of Interest
Agents of Shield
What the Health
The Game Changers
Cowspiracy

Hope you're back to your old self soon. Forced downtime is no fun!

I started watching American Horror Story. Season 2, Asylum was boring, but got better about midway through. I couldn't get past Freak Show's first episode, so I skipped to Coven and that was really good.

I'm on Season 7, Cult, after only watching half of Roanoke. That was boring, too.

It's a good watch, if you're looking for something else.

I highly recommend Lucifer, too. You is good, but I can't recall if that's Netflix or Prime.

I like “The Circle”!
I watch all of the Great Baking Shows

I‘m patiently waiting for the new season in Sabrina.

on Hulu I’ve been binging “Evil”

My friend recommended Messiah.. saw the trailer looks very intense... My mentally ready for that...
If anyone has Amazon Prime you HAVE to watch Fleabag... I binged watched the whole series in one week. VERY good and bummed there is supposidly no 3rd season.

Well I have been watching dark series and documentaries. :confused3

You. I never heard of it until the second season came out. Almost done with season one. Not my favorite show, but it has kept my interest.

And I also watched a very disturbing true crime docu series, Don’t **** with Cats. Seriously, I would cover my eyes for parts of it that I knew I didn’t want to see, and yet I couldn’t turn it off. It’s definitely not for everyone, but if you like crime documentaries it is interesting but very, very twisted.

My new guilty pleasure diversion is the Repair Shop. I love to see the unbelievable talents at work restoring old treasures. I do wish that they would give a little less glossy viewpoint and show us more of the technical, the talent and the imagination and elbow grease it takes to achieve the results.

British Baking -- I think I watch it more because I'm trying to figure out the American words for what they are baking

I hope you are feeling much better, Tina.)

I get you on all the British baking/food jargon that is so different from us. Here is a repost from a previous Netflix Binge Watching thread where I posted some word changes. The biggest differences are when they say pudding and sponge.

YES! I LOVE this show. :worship: :worship: :worship: It's one of my favorite shows that I binged.

This show is so much better than the American skill-based competition shows. They believe in the viewers' intelligence and that we are tuning in to see a REAL competition. They believe an honest to goodness competition with genuine people with creative talent wanting to win is enough. :thumbsup2 They don't cast contestants or keep them around for created drama like Top Chef, and Project Runway with the twins this season who shouldn't even be on. :headache: :badpc:

The Great British Baking Show, had one contestant who seemed to be really victimy and the kind of person who always has a bunch of trauma dramas for attention. :rolleyes: When one of the dramas involved ruining another contestant's chances, Bam! they got rid of this person. :p

On Netflix, they only have 3 seasons out of the total 7 seasons. But, they never mention the winners of the previous seasons, so they are well worth watching even without the seeing the previous seasons.

If (general) you are still on the fence about the show, don't just take my word for it, here are two reviews:

23 Reasons Why "The Great British Bake Off" Is The Best Show On Netflix:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/marietelling/23-reasons-why-you-should-watch-the-great-british-bake-off

Why 'The Great British Baking Show' is the best thing on Netflix:
http://www.tampabay.com/features/me...ing-show-is-the-best-thing-on-netflix/2326007

If you do decide to watch, you will need a language translator as British English is not the same as American English :upsidedow especially when it comes to pastries. :lmao:

The Clueless American's Guide To "The Great British Bake Off" [terminology]:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/bloody-daft-puds-mate?utm_term=.svmJQymZJ#.wy7E8Rx7E

It took me forever to figure out that what they refer to as "sponge" is just regular cake, like yellow cake - what we have for Birthday cake. :cake: Not the really light, airy angel food cake - which we call a sponge cake. "Pudding" over there, I had to Google, and I'm still not sure about it. It seems to be anything :confused3 savory or sweet, with breading or cake and diced chunks of meat or fruit, baked in a deep ceramic bowl and flipped out of the bowl as a solid. :confused: It's definitely not mousse-like, like our Jello pudding or the Snack Pack puddings we send our kids off to school with. Their "biscuits" are cookies here. They do not have buttermilk biscuits that we have. That seems to be a very original American creation. The closest version they have are scones.

Did I mention I love this show? :lmao:

Last edited:
I like “The Circle”!
I watch all of the Great Baking Shows

I‘m patiently waiting for the new season in Sabrina.

on Hulu I’ve been binging “Evil”

I’m watching 60 Days In on HULU. It weirdly reminds me of high school.

My friend recommended Messiah.. saw the trailer looks very intense... My mentally ready for that...
If anyone has Amazon Prime you HAVE to watch Fleabag... I binged watched the whole series in one week. VERY good and bummed there is supposidly no 3rd season.

@mousefan73, have you watched Catastrophe on Amazon Prime?? I highly recommend if you like Fleabag. There are 4 seasons.

Not to brag😂 but finished fleabag in 3 days (both seasons).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter