Netflix JAN 2020..whatcha watching?

I recently finished a show that I picked up on a fluke called Workin' Moms. Now I'm *way* out of the working mother stage nor am I particularly interested in shows that might revolve around parenting at this point in my life, but it really didn't center around that. The "mom's group" was the catalyst for the characters in the story, and certainly there was some humor in that area, but it was really about each of the different women in the show and their challenges with balancing life. Best for me was that it was a dark, sarcastic comedy which I *love*. There were a few episodes that had me laughing out loud while I was alone at that rarely happens.

I've moved on now to Dirty John since Connie Britton was nominated for a award for this (trying to work through some "award" type shows). I'm about 3 episodes in and I'm still a little lukewarm on it.

If you like baking shows, Zumbo's Just Desserts is my favorite after British Baking Show.

Schitt's Creek is hilarious...otherwise I've been watching shows on things other than Netflix. Servant on Apple+, and a bunch of British/Australian crime shows on Acorn. I don't know how I ever lived without Acorn!

I am going back and forward between Netflix and Disney+

My last 2 Netflix shows were “Spinning Out” and “Virgin River” and I liked them both. Just start season 2 of “You”

On Disney+ I have been watching documentaries and older movies. The Imagineering Story is very good!

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of all of the baking shows too.

I also watched Don't F**k With Cats. It was disturbing and parts were hard to watch (I also looked away like a previous poster), but really interesting.

I'll probably start Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez this week.

Grace & Frankie just came out w/S6 today, I think. If you haven't watched, that's a great binge!!
^ This is my absolute favorite show!!
I also watched the Witcher, and I really liked the Kominski Method too with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. Those old timer actors really crack me up!

I second The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!

I third this show! It’s terrific 🙂

^ This is my absolute favorite show!!
I also watched the Witcher, and I really liked the Kominski Method too with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. Those old timer actors really crack me up!

I thought the Kominsky Method was good too.

And I’ve been binge watching The Crown on Netflix. If you like England’s royalty it’s a great show, I’m into the third season and they are planning for six.

I third this show! It’s terrific 🙂

I thought the Kominsky Method was good too.

And I’ve been binge watching The Crown on Netflix. If you like England’s royalty it’s a great show, I’m into the third season and they are planning for six.

I second The Crown. :thumbsup2

How long are you on bed rest, Tina because if I were you I'd still get a bunch of books to read, too.

Right now I'm toggling between:

The Five
Secret City
Kevin Hart: Don't F**k This Up
Zumbo's Just Desserts (it's cute and I want to try one of his desserts so bad.)
Hart of Dixie (It's random. I never watched it when it was actually on tv, but it's one of those feel good little shows that I just like to have on from time to time.)

I just completed YOU and Messiah. I think I enjoyed Messiah more than I thought I would. I thought it was just gonna be cheesy. I'm also thinking about Holiday in the Wild but I heard it was terrible.

I loved the West Wing. Great ensemble cast and very well written show.
Another lighter fun one I enjoyed was Girlfriends Guide to Divorce.

If you have Prime, Downton Abbey is awesome.

I also enjoyed The Crown

Oh, so many things on my list that I'm going through, but if we're talking about shows that I'm CURRENTLY going back and forth with this particular month, then that would be:

You
Nurse Jackie
When They See Us
All of the Star Treks
Cheers

I've been watching The Great American Baking Show every Christmas that it's been on TV, but this year I watched the holiday edition of the Great British Baking Show on Netflix. I had to laugh at myself when they were tasked with making "iced biscuits" and I looked at the illustrations of all of these flat, shaped things and I'm like, "What? How the heck are you going to get a biscuit in those shapes?!" Of course I KNOW that 'biscuits' in the UK are cookies, but for some reason it took a little while to register in my brain before I realized, "Oh yeah. BISCUITS. They're actually making Christmas cookies." LOL.

I really liked the first season. Didn't get around yet to seeing the second season. I found the third season a real snoozer with the new cast.
sleep-blue.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!