Netflix The Rain - Parental Guidance

keri125

Mouseketeer
Hello!
I've recently started watching the TV show The Rain on Netflix, which is rated TV-MA. I really enjoyed the first episode and besides a bit of swearing did not see anything that would justify the MA rating. However, I have only watched one episode and the main characters are just now encountering other people.
Based on the first episode I think my 14-year-old son would really like this, but I am wary about letting him watch it if it becomes too violent. I can't find any parental guidance on it for future episodes. We went through this with the show Z-Nation, which is rated TV-14. I let him watch it as it is filmed in our city, so I thought he would get a kick out of it. I finally had to tell him he couldn't watch it anymore as it just got too gory. I was a little surprised at the amount of gore for a TV-14 rating. I felt bad letting him watch it, he got hooked on it, then telling him he couldn't watch it anymore, and am trying to avoid that in this situation.
I know everyone's judgement is different about what they let their children watch, so was looking less for advice on whether or not you would let your child watch it, and more just a general description of whether future episodes get violent, bloody, or gory.
Thank you!

Hello!
I've recently started watching the TV show The Rain on Netflix, which is rated TV-MA. I really enjoyed the first episode and besides a bit of swearing did not see anything that would justify the MA rating. However, I have only watched one episode and the main characters are just now encountering other people.
Based on the first episode I think my 14-year-old son would really like this, but I am wary about letting him watch it if it becomes too violent. I can't find any parental guidance on it for future episodes. We went through this with the show Z-Nation, which is rated TV-14. I let him watch it as it is filmed in our city, so I thought he would get a kick out of it. I finally had to tell him he couldn't watch it anymore as it just got too gory. I was a little surprised at the amount of gore for a TV-14 rating. I felt bad letting him watch it, he got hooked on it, then telling him he couldn't watch it anymore, and am trying to avoid that in this situation.
I know everyone's judgement is different about what they let their children watch, so was looking less for advice on whether or not you would let your child watch it, and more just a general description of whether future episodes get violent, bloody, or gory.
Thank you!

I’m sure your son has seen a lot worse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter