Netherlands Antilles guilder/ Franch franc - can you please convert to American money

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
And I promise this time I will write it down in DS10 travel notebook. Thank you

On the Dutch side of St. Maarten, you don't really have to worry about conversion. Most every shop takes USD and will price things for you in dollars.

Does the French side still take Francs? I was actually in France last week, and all prices were in Euro. A few places included prices in Francs, but the vast majority had switched to the Euro.

Just so you know, I know that the French side of St. Martin uses the Euro now, I think the dutch side might also. Most European currencies went out with the Euro conversion in 1999, though you could still use old currencies until last year I believe. Currently the Euro is trading at .9840 dollars, this means that it takes .9840 cents to buy one Euro.

It makes sense that the Netherlands Antilles has also switched to the Euro, since the Netherlands has. I was told that there are only a handful of banks that will even change Guilders to Euros anymore. The one currency made the trip through Europe much easier, and the almost 1-1 exchange rate made it easier to know how much you're spending.

Would it be possible to get a hold of a Euro? Im dense - does this mean a Euro is almost equivalent to a penny?
How about a Netherlands Antilles Guilder? What is the conversion of the Netherlands Antilles Guilder?

Thank you so much. This time I did have DS10 come over here and write this down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter