Nevada day

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by lcp9, Oct 6, 2018.

1. lcp9

lcp9 DIS Veteran

It's on friday the 25th - is it more likely to be crowded before, or does it usually spill over to the next week? I can't remember when it was last year, and the week of Halloween was a decent time to be at the parks...wasn't sure if Nevada Day would change things.

2. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

It will be just another day at Disneyland crowded as usual. I've never heard of Nevada day. It kind of sounds like national cheeseburger day. Its just something somebody made up. Probably the Nevada tourism association or something like that.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Kender

Kender DIS Veteran

Friday, October 26*

Honestly I've never heard of it causing any extra crowding at DLR.

It commemorates Nevada's October 31, 1864 admission into the union as a state. It was established officially as a state holiday in 1933, but there's records of celebration as early as the 1870s. Technically all holidays are made up; some were just made up longer ago than others... But I don't think someone from Nevada would appreciate their state's holiday celebrating becoming a state being compared with a day celebrating a food item...

(I'm not from Nevada, but I know some states do celebrate their admission to the union so it was an easy guess what it was and Google provided the more exact date details)

cindyfan, yoyo93, lcp9 and 1 other person like this.
  5. midnight star

midnight star Mouseketeer

I’m orignally from Nevada..it’s definitely not a “ National cheeseburger day” type holiday. It’s a state-wide holiday that celebrates Nevada becoming a state. All schools, banks, DMV, and some businesses are closed for it.

Kender likes this.
  6. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

Sorry I didn't know about Nevada day or that the state of Nevada has now been given protected class status and no one was allowed to make fun of it anymore.

smartlabelprint and julesann like this.
  7. midnight star

Like someone else mentioned, it might be a typical busy weekend. Although I currently know some People who live in Nevada who are coming that weekend since they have the days off.

Just plan well !

8. midnight star

I wasn’t offended, Nevada isn’t a well known holiday unless you live there or in a neighboring state. :) But since it creates a long weekend, it could potentially impact crowds. Just not sure much it will impact them.

9. lcp9

lcp9 DIS Veteran

Thanks! I didn't know if it was a UEA type of thing where the whole state of Nevada migrated to disneyland :) I'm sure it will be fine regardless!

tink89, midnight star and Kender like this.
  10. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

I have lived in Nevada for 11 years and though sometimes people go to DLR that weekend, there are hardly enough of us to impact DLR in a significant way, like with a nationally recognized holiday.

11. cindyfan

cindyfan DIS Veteran

This was a very valid question! Just as "Jersey week" affects the crowds at Disney World, Nevada Day may also affect DL.

Kender likes this.
  12. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

Probably like a Tar Heel.

13. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

Maybe if you have never heard of basketball.