Never say Neverland: Easter '18, May/June '18, July '18, Sept '18, Nov '18 TRs (8/22 UPDATE!)

So let's see..it's 1:35pm and been in line for Hagrid's since 11:25am. It is now under a rain delay. Since we have no way to see what weather is doing from the deep dark cave with no service have no idea so huddled with a few hundred new friends. Rest of the family is in the park somewhere.

Room isn't ready yet so I guess we will juts hang here...in the cool dark cave. Until we have had enough. This queue is tricky...I was sure it would be much shorter when we got in line. The 'preshow' was about 30 minutes into our wait...but that's probably not even halfway. Crazy.

Anyway guess I'll check in later when I have something exciting to talk about.

Hello from the Treehouse Villas. Sorry to have skipped yesterdays update but honestly I was pretty tired after what didn't seem like a lot. Our plans changed from our original schedule and we spent several hours at Universal Studios and IOA. Also had a nice breakfast at Kona Cafe.

Ous treehouse is fantastic and right on the water so our bedroom allows us to watch the boats go by and as I am in bed we have the curtains open to see them. It's quite peaceful.

Today we had a great day at Discovery Cove followed by a fantastic meal at Toledo. I plan to review it with photos. We couldn't stop raving about it.

My daughter and I just returned from our 2 hour volunteer shift at GKTW. It was a crazy busy shift we chose tonight but she had a blast driving the golf cart around the village making deliveries. Sadly we ended up cancelling our other shifts while here since she really wanted to work together and nothing fit into our schedule well. There is always another time. After all I have an annual pass for Universal now and she has two days left on her ticket to be used before the end of the year.

Tomorrow we finally get to sleep in as we have nothing planned until the afternoon. We plan to cook in our treehouse and then we shall see as I have no idea what the others did tonight while we were gone.

That Tree House view sounds awesome! Are you bothered any by the boat horns?

Have a great dinner, can't wait to hear about it!

Oooooh! I can't wait to hear about it!
I promise to give a more detailed review with photos. It is on our must return list for sure.
That Tree House view sounds awesome! Are you bothered any by the boat horns?

Have a great dinner, can't wait to hear about it!

Treehouse is great...and not really bothered by the boat horns even though we hear them.

So today was a nice day. Walked around Disney Springs a bit in the morning and headed to Wilderness Lodge for our 1:30pm DVC Craft Cocktails event. There were 5 people total at the event. It took me a little bit to realize as we sat down...that this was clearly a WINE event...but I didn't say anything. I like wine okay but this was not the event I had planned. It was interesting and then afterwards DH said the other couple mentioned they got a call informing them of the change in the schedule and asking if that we okay. Guess who didn't get that call?

Anyway 4-5 glasses of wine and some cheese later we were done. Then there was some boat time, followed by a nice nap in the lobby of WL (thank you wine) and the I got to take a photo with Dale before dinner.

so I will say we had a pre-cocktail event lunch at the quick service at WL which was great. Dinner at Whispering Canyon later was okay.

Nothing too exciting the rest of the evening. I got a cool shirt from the Chracter Warehouse.

Tomorrow is another day to sleep in and then a long day at the Halloween Party.

A wine tasting is nice but if I was expecting a craft cocktail event I think I would have been a little disappointed. It's a shame you didn't get prior notice.

Yay for new shirts and Halloween Parties!

So yesterday was a full day where we had the morning to relax and I decided to take DD and I to get pedicures...this is my first pedicure ever at age 47...yep. It was weird. We arrived at the gates of MK just before 2Pm and there was a line to get in...and it did not open until 2pm. Party was great and we got a lot done. Dessert party also nice and worth it for the empty-ish space in the garden to view the awesome fireworks. We ended up catching the 2nd parade and had a great view for that...and then one last ride for the night on SPLASH before heading out at midnight.

So this morning was wake up at leisure. We ended up leaving around 10am to go to Universal. As expected the crowds weren't bad at all and we did all we wanted to do there that we hadn't done Saturday. By about 3pm or so we were done and that included time for lunch. It was hot and people were tired and cranky. We returned back to our villa and I had a little nap. We decided on the fly to have dinner at Boatwrights so I made a 6:50pm reservation around 6pm and then got a quick shower. Dinner was good and I picked up a magic bar at the food court at POR to take back...which barely survived the arrival at our treehouse. So good.

Tomorrow is our last day and we have decided to not do Universal Parks again as planned. I find that 2 days is just enough in those parks for me. I try to like them and I do but something is just missing there for me. So it looks like it will be a pool and resort day for us and we will have an early dinner before heading to the airport for our flight.

Hopefully when I get back I'll have time to do a detailed report with photos.

Yes on the magic bat, so glad you tried it! Now you understand why it's my avatar :worship:

So sorry we missed each other- and you were at Toledo! We were at CSR! I am interested to hear your review of it.

And as you probably know I'm completely with you on Universal. I TRY to like it; I WANT to like it and I appreciate certain things but to me it in no way at all compares to Disney :mickeyjum

The last time I was at Universal was in California, 1993. It was horrendously overcrowded with rude, pushy foreigners and it was about 1000 degrees out. We left after two hours, vowing to never go back. I was also JUST pregnant, so there might have been some hormones involved! Lol

Yes on the magic bat, so glad you tried it! Now you understand why it's my avatar :worship:

So sorry we missed each other- and you were at Toledo! We were at CSR! I am interested to hear your review of it.

And as you probably know I'm completely with you on Universal. I TRY to like it; I WANT to like it and I appreciate certain things but to me it in no way at all compares to Disney :mickeyjum

Oh I should have mentioned I already knew about the magic bar. I had a few when we stayed at Port Orleans a few years ago. I make something similar at home every now and then. So I already had an understanding of your love for it.

Yes sorry we mised each other again. We all really enjoyed Toledo. I will provide details about it later.

It is sad that I just can't get into Universal as much. I do have favorites there for sure Gringotts is just one of my top ten rides...I love how It was done and I also really love MIB and ET. I think Spider-Man is also great. The rest...well so many simulators and they are fun but just don't told the same interest for me as the classic Disney rides do. Also a dear high school friend works for Universal and we managed to meet up on our last day there...she came to the SSR pool and we hung out. She is always offering to get me free Universal tickets whenever I want them but I have an AP now and I am just in no rush to return.

The last time I was at Universal was in California, 1993. It was horrendously overcrowded with rude, pushy foreigners and it was about 1000 degrees out. We left after two hours, vowing to never go back. I was also JUST pregnant, so there might have been some hormones involved! Lol

Yes I did the California park a long long time ago as well...probably 1996 of 1996 and I wasn't thrilled with it. I do feel like the Florida one is so so hot also...so much open space with little shade.

So we have now been home just less than 24 hours and today was a rainy and dreary day at home, perfect for doing a ton of laundry and clean up because if appears locking up one of my cats in a big room by himself didn't work out very well as the smell when I went in there was horrible. I think he chose to avoid the litter box quite a bit and use the bed and pillows instead. Ugh. He has terrible bladder issues sumthin wasn't a total shock but I need this spare bedroom in good order as my SIL is coming to stay with us one night next week.

Anyway our last Disney day was nice enough if you ignore the teens who moaned and groaned about my plan to just spend our last day at the pool. Once they were sure they could shower before leaving for dinner and the airport they seemed better and they did seem to enjoy the pool time. I really have some to love our home resort of Set and the High Rock pool. Two kids and I left our Treehouse around 10am, caught our first Disney bus of the trip over to the Springs hauling a backpack of clothes and other stuff. We grabbed a table and some chairs and just enjoyed the pool, the arcade, the ping pong table outside, the pool dining area, and just spend about 5 hours there. Then we all showered and changed and grabbed dinner at nearby restaurant (with a great Prime Rib special) before heading to the airport. Rental car drop off was easy as usual and soon we were at the gate (after just one wrong ride on the wrong fakeorail at the airport). Our connecting flight through Atlanta was fine at we hit the runway at Baltimore at exactly midnight.

I make something similar at home every now and then.
I think it would be easy enough to mail some to NY - right ::yes::
It is sad that I just can't get into Universal as much. I do have favorites there for sure Gringotts is just one of my top ten rides...I love how It was done and I also really love MIB and ET. I think Spider-Man is also great.
Gringotts is one of the ones I enjoy along with the Hulk and the Mummy and of course E.T. Simulators don't work for me so although I've tried most of them I have no desire to do them again. I also miss the Beetlejuice show! I am looking forward to our first HHN next month so that may elevate Uni a bit for me but just for that event

I think it would be easy enough to mail some to NY - right ::yes::

Gringotts is one of the ones I enjoy along with the Hulk and the Mummy and of course E.T. Simulators don't work for me so although I've tried most of them I have no desire to do them again. I also miss the Beetlejuice show! I am looking forward to our first HHN next month so that may elevate Uni a bit for me but just for that event

One day I need to make another trip to NY and if I do we will have to meet up...and remind me to make some desserts!

Yes to all of those rides for sure. I can tolerate most of the simulators which is surprising. Except Minions. UGH. Never again.

DH and I keep talking about doing HHN, maybe just doing a trip for one night just for that. I'm not sure if we can make it happen though.

Ok so apologies for my disappearance. It has been a bit of a busy week and now...well yesterday I got the news that an injury I sustained on Monday is worse than I thought and I two small fractures in two fingers of my right hand. All because I can't walk up a curb and caught myself when I fell.

So typing right now sucks. I will try to get around to a review eventually though.

Ok so apologies for my disappearance. It has been a bit of a busy week and now...well yesterday I got the news that an injury I sustained on Monday is worse than I thought and I two small fractures in two fingers of my right hand. All because I can't walk up a curb and caught myself when I fell.

So typing right now sucks. I will try to get around to a review eventually though.
Well that stinks! Do they tape your fingers, or...? Take care and stay away from curbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!