New adventures are up for 2020

I’m wondering if ABD will have different rates based on cabin category on the Nile River cruise. Nat.Geo and Tauck do.

That's an interesting question. A&K charges depending on category as well. Maybe ABD just prebooked the same category on the ship.

Sorry- I wasn't very specific! I'm looking at a China trip for 2020 and wanted a gauge of opening day pricing for that one. I can see the cost of the same trip with similar dates in 2019, but I'm still new to ABD so I'm not sure how much pricing changes as you get closer to the dates.

This is what I screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190502-094340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190502-094340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 32
This is what I screenshot
Yep, I've seen that screen! I found the dates, but I'm more curious about historical opening day pricing, since the prices for the 2020 trips probably won't be posted until they're open for booking.

@sayhello when you booked the single cabin on the Rhone cruise did they charge you a single supplement? I'm considering the late October, 2020 Egypt cruise with my son, but would want 2 single cabins on the ship. Not sure how (or even if) ABD will handle that since we will still be in the same hotel room for the remainder of the journey.
Since the entire ABD is the River Cruise, and it's a cabin with a capacity of one person (and it's smaller) they did not charge me a single supplement. That's the only reason I booked. The Egypt ABD is not a cruise. It includes a few days on a Nile river cruise, but that is completely different from booking a River cruise. If you book 2 separate reservations for one person each for a "regular" ABD, you will pay a single supplement for both reservations. As far as I can tell, you book the Egypt ABD based on number of people in a room, not number of cabins for the Nile River portion. That's how the Galapagos trips that contain a river cruise portion work.

That said, I suppose it's always possible to call ABD and pay extra to get a different cabin. But I'm pretty sure that would be on a case-by-case basis depending on what is available, if at all.

That's an interesting question. A&K charges depending on category as well. Maybe ABD just prebooked the same category on the ship.
That would be my guess. I wonder if someone who has done the Galapagos trips that include boat time can chime in.

Sayhello

ETA:

Note on Accommodations: (Subject to Availability)

Parties of 1 or 2:
  • In Cairo
    : 1 room with either 2 twin beds or 1 king bed
  • On Cruise Ship
    : 1 room with either 2 double beds or 1 king bed
  • In Sharm El Sheikh
    : 1 room with either 2 twin beds or 1 king bed

Last edited:

Yep, I've seen that screen! I found the dates, but I'm more curious about historical opening day pricing, since the prices for the 2020 trips probably won't be posted until they're open for booking.

Ah ok. I dont think ABD is like cruise pricing that goes up, but I dont know.

Pricing definitely goes up as trips fill. That being said they also offer last minute discounts for trips that are not selling

Funnily, I just re-read Agatha Christie's Death on the Nile last night. And they made many of the same stops.

My husband has been reluctant to consider Egypt because of security. I wonder whether something this formal would feel more secure.

I cannot believe I am actually posting this, but my husband is all-in for Egypt 2020. The bigger surprise is that he agreed to the late October date, which is the end of baseball season. It might have helped that friends of ours want to go at that time, too.

I cannot believe I am actually posting this, but my husband is all-in for Egypt 2020. The bigger surprise is that he agreed to the late October date, which is the end of baseball season. It might have helped that friends of ours want to go at that time, too.
Congrats!! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

So I just heard from a TA I know that the cabins on the Nile cruise will be basically randomly assigned, like on the Galapagos trip. So you don't select a cabin, or pay based on the cabin type you want. The ship has 32 "Superior" Cabins (which appear to be the standard cabin) so that's probably more than enough to give each group a cabin of the same category.

Again, if someone *REALLY* wanted 2 Single rooms, I suppose it couldn't hurt to call ABD & ask them about it.

Sayhello

I'm looking at the sold out prices for the 2019 trip to China (October 2019) and was like $9000 (& change)?!!! But I guess if that was the price it rose to, maybe theres hope for it to be $7k. Lol
That's what I'm trying to figure out too! Guess we'll just have to wait until they're posted for 2020 *sigh*

I think it's really interesting that one of the changes for this year is a greatly expanded number of Adult Only departures. I like that, but it's interesting!

Sayhello

I am really interested to see how this change impacts things. It seemed like a good way to address my big complaint about our first ABD -- the fact that there weren't really any kids on our family adventure. If more adults choose the adult only departures, then perhaps it will group families with kids together by default.

I spoke to my DU agent to see if she had any sense of pricing for trips other than Egypt. (I keep dreaming of South Africa even though I think we are officially priced out since $10,000 per person seems to be the new price point for that trip). She told me that information for other itineraries is going to be posted on a rolling basis so that everything is up before we can begin booking. I got the sense that included prices, but maybe I am misinterpreting.

I'm looking at the sold out prices for the 2019 trip to China (October 2019) and was like $9000 (& change)?!!! But I guess if that was the price it rose to, maybe theres hope for it to be $7k. Lol

Starting price for our upcoming July 7, 2019 China trip was about $8200pp (2 adults) without an early booking discount. By the time I booked it the price had gone up to just about $9400 pp. Fortunately we are DVC members so I got the starting price plus our TA took another $750 off at the final payment. So we did end up in the $7k and some change pp range.

We are booking one of the fall 2020 Egypt trips, hopefully we will get the early booking discount. Our TA will offer the agency discount once again at final payment.

Starting price for our upcoming July 7, 2019 China trip was about $8200pp (2 adults) without an early booking discount. By the time I booked it the price had gone up to just about $9400 pp. Fortunately we are DVC members so I got the starting price plus our TA took another $750 off at the final payment. So we did end up in the $7k and some change pp range.

We are booking one of the fall 2020 Egypt trips, hopefully we will get the early booking discount. Our TA will offer the agency discount once again at final payment.

OK, I'm looking ahead too (for 2021) but the problem is that my travel companion doesn't typically get to put in vacation requests until November of the prior year (yes, that really does suck!), so in this case November 2020. UGH! Hopefully she can ask spring 2020 about everyone's 2021 vacation plans so we can set something up!

I don't have a TA, but am going to look into DU to see if they have a discount on top of the ABD one...based upon pricing, it could be $400-500 off pp.

Last edited:
Funnily, I just re-read Agatha Christie's Death on the Nile last night. And they made many of the same stops.

2020 is the expected premiere date for new "Death on the Nile" movie. This is the follow up to the recent "Murder on the Orient Express" movie.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!