New airport security tax??????

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I just saw a piece on our evening news about a $2 to 2.50 charge per flight, beginning today, for airport security. Apparently, it is charged for each leg of a multi-leg trip.

The report was a bit confusing. The way they reported the tax indicated that we pay for it at the time of check-in, not at the time of ticket purchase. That doesn't seem quite right to me. Did I misunderstand?

I just checked usairways.com and it said that it will take effect Feb 1, 2002 (today). I couldn't figure out if it is on all tickets, or just tickets purchased today or later. I don't have a problem paying it, but since I already have my tickets, it seems a little strange for them to make me pay it.

Anyone know if it is just on new tickets, or if the charge is for everyone? Oh well, an extra $5/person to get me to WDW and back safely is a small price to pay!

I agree, CaliforniaDreaming, I don't mind paying it either. I just want to know the details bdfore I reach the check-in counter.

I flew from LAS to PHL via PIT on US last night, and was NOT charged any fees. My friends flew LAS to EWR on CO last night and were also not charged any fees.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter