New AP Holder

twix516

Mouseketeer
I just recently upgraded my park hopper tickets to annual passes and was wondering if there is a thread on Disboards dedicated to everything AP. Would love to make sure I am fully taking advantage of all of the AP benefits over the next year! Thanks in advance!

I just recently upgraded my park hopper tickets to annual passes and was wondering if there is a thread on Disboards dedicated to everything AP. Would love to make sure I am fully taking advantage of all of the AP benefits over the next year! Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the club! I'm not sure if there is a specific board, but my quick two cents, carry your passholder card and ID at all times in the park and ask EVERYWHERE if they have a discount. Most places do, and if not, you don't lose anything by asking. Enjoy!

Welcome to the club! I'm not sure if there is a specific board, but my quick two cents, carry your passholder card and ID at all times in the park and ask EVERYWHERE if they have a discount. Most places do, and if not, you don't lose anything by asking. Enjoy!

I second WDWFan0813's tip! And add this one...
On our trip in Sept, you could get a AP discount on food sold in gift shops, but not at counter services. So, if you want a bottled Coke, buy it from a gift shop! But everywhere you pay, ask if there's a discount...

I second WDWFan0813's tip! And add this one...
On our trip in Sept, you could get a AP discount on food sold in gift shops, but not at counter services. So, if you want a bottled Coke, buy it from a gift shop! But everywhere you pay, ask if there's a discount...
Thank you, great tip!

Great, thank you!

Welcome!
I pulled the plug last night for my trip in November and returning at least once next Fall. It just worked out well .. my cousin's family is going in November, my sister's family is going to March and we hope one final trip before my daughter turns 3 (and we have to pay for her! Ugh).

My original "hope" was to hit the opening of SWGE .. but that doesn't look to be the case. And that's okay.

Y
Welcome!
I pulled the plug last night for my trip in November and returning at least once next Fall. It just worked out well .. my cousin's family is going in November, my sister's family is going to March and we hope one final trip before my daughter turns 3 (and we have to pay for her! Ugh).

My original "hope" was to hit the opening of SWGE .. but that doesn't look to be the case. And that's okay.
Yep, that’s why we upgraded as well. Planning our trip next year for the week after Thanksgiving and going this year in December!

Y

Yep, that’s why we upgraded as well. Planning our trip next year for the week after Thanksgiving and going this year in December!
Enjoy! We are excited to see the Christmas stuff this year and Halloween stuff next year.

We've been AP holders for a year and love it. We decided we won't do Disney without them. The freedom they allow is worth it to us. I always get my discounts every which way I can when shopping and dining. If there's a freebie you bet I'm picking it up.

We also just bought our first APs. We've been Universal and Six Flags Passholders in the past, but this is the first time we've had APs at Disney. I would love to see a thread with the latest info for APs and FAQs.

A few questions:
Is this the Passholder Website (or is there another link)?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/

How do we sign up for special events (such as Passholder nights, etc.)

The FAQs in the All Ears site (mentioned above) says to verify your pass expiration date before you walk away from the Guest Relations window because sometimes they make a mistake with the expiration date and set it to a year from when the voucher was purchased instead of a year after first use. How can we tell if we have the correct end date? Is this something that will appear in the card the will give us? Is there a way to quickly check on MDE?

If your AP tickets are linked on you MDE then you will have access to the PH section of the web site and that is where I get a lot of information.

PHOTOPASS!! this is a great feature, use it. Try the Disney Springs Photo Pass Studio, it's free and you get several photos with say 8 cool projected backdrops very fun.

You may need to ask but most of the time you can acquire a free AP Magnet for say your Car or Fridge.

Like other people have said pull it out everywhere on property whenever you purchase ANYTHING, not just Disney stores or restaurants Everywhere
lot's and lot's of places take it, to many to remember or list easier to just ask every time, easy 10-20% off.

Setup so you get email's, I am hoping I can get into Star Wars Land for a Preview like I did Pandora, we got an email with dates and times for the preview and QUICKLY signed up and boom planned a trip around the time we got. We were in Pandora for say 3 hours with like 500 people, went on Flight of passage 4 times in a row and the River ride 3 times, was perfect. I Am hoping we can get this for Star Wars. That lands will be impossibly busy when it opens.

When you enter a Park look for the AP Line, most times the line is shorter + everyone in line knows what to do so the line moves lots faster.

Setup so you get email's, I am hoping I can get into Star Wars Land for a Preview like I did Pandora, we got an email with dates and times for the preview and QUICKLY signed up and boom planned a trip around the time we got. We were in Pandora for say 3 hours with like 500 people, went on Flight of passage 4 times in a row and the River ride 3 times, was perfect. I Am hoping we can get this for Star Wars. That lands will be impossibly busy when it opens.

I am hoping this will be the case! Do passholders that purchased a voucher but have not activated their AP yet get emails? Since I just bought my AP on Friday, I have not yet received any emails. Don't want to miss the chance to sign up for previews and specials events!

PHOTOPASS!! this is a great feature, use it. Try the Disney Springs Photo Pass Studio, it's free and you get several photos with say 8 cool projected backdrops very fun.

You may need to ask but most of the time you can acquire a free AP Magnet for say your Car or Fridge.

Like other people have said pull it out everywhere on property whenever you purchase ANYTHING, not just Disney stores or restaurants Everywhere
lot's and lot's of places take it, to many to remember or list easier to just ask every time, easy 10-20% off.

When you enter a Park look for the AP Line, most times the line is shorter + everyone in line knows what to do so the line moves lots faster.
Awesome! How do I make sure I’m getting pass holder emails??

I am hoping this will be the case! Do passholders that purchased a voucher but have not activated their AP yet get emails? Since I just bought my AP on Friday, I have not yet received any emails. Don't want to miss the chance to sign up for previews and specials events!
Wondering the same thing!

It’s hit and miss if you get emails. I never get them and have to rely on dis boards for info :/

Following along. .thanks for the great info...:thumbsup2have a 5 day hopper for our upcoming vaca, so think we will "pull the trigger" and upgrade...Silly of us, don't know why we didn't do this before and just plan our 2 trips inside the AP expiration date...If we have decided to upgrade, guess it is beneficial to upgrade on the first day, just in case we hit a place where there will be discounts. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!