New AP Holder

We just purchased our 1st annual passes last week! Can't wait for our 1st visit soon. Thanks for starting this thread.

Items to keep in mind:
AP = Free Parking
AP = Merchandise Discounts
AP Allows you to purchase Tables in Wonderland for $150

As others have mentioned, when I go anywhere Disney, I normally pull out my AP, My Disney Visa, and my DVC card and just ask "Do any of these get me a bigger discount?" That includes at non-WDW Disney stores. The end result is you never know when some rules change, so it cannot hurt to ask.

Your discount works at almost any store that sells merchandise. So, purchasing a soda at the main street candy shop will get you a discount. Purchasing the same from a food cart will not get you a discount.

TiW - this was a no brainier back when it was $75. Spend $400 at sit down restaurants in a year, and it pays for itself. There have been times we did that in one meal. Now, with some discounts for AP holders, TiW may not be worth it right now.

I am a little crazy. I have been known in the past to keep a spreadsheet and keep track of every penny I spent at WDW, and what type of discount I got. My columns were date, location, Gross Cost, Visa, DVC, AP, TiW, Net Cost. I would put in a line that would say Date=September 15, Location=MK Parking, Gross Cost=$20, AP Discount=$20, Net Cost=$0. If nothing else, it lets you keep track and tell if your investment was worth it.

We've been AP holders for a year and love it. We decided we won't do Disney without them. The freedom they allow is worth it to us. I always get my discounts every which way I can when shopping and dining. If there's a freebie you bet I'm picking it up.

Im a recent AP joiner as well. How do you know where all the freebies are located?

Just bought our first APs also! DS is going to be in the CP next Spring so it made sense since Mama is gonna have to visit! :)
So glad to have found this thread!

We're about ready to jump on the AP train. Do passholders ever receive discounts on on-site lodging?

Yes there are AP discounts released throughout the year.

Do you know if there have been any announced for the 1st part of 2019? We are planning an early March trip and when i spoke to a CM a couple days ago she said nothing had been announced yet, but I was skeptical because it's a little late in the game IMO.

Thanks for your reply!

Do you know if there have been any announced for the 1st part of 2019? We are planning an early March trip and when i spoke to a CM a couple days ago she said nothing had been announced yet, but I was skeptical because it's a little late in the game IMO.

Thanks for your reply!
Not yet. AP room discounts are out through December 2018. But, there are general public discounts and Disney Visa discounts out through April.

So, I think my annual passes are linked correctly on MDE, but will it be obvious when there are room discounts for AP holders? I noticed a room discount through April 2019 with certain percentages off, but will those discounts be better when the AP discounts are released? Thanks!

So, I think my annual passes are linked correctly on MDE, but will it be obvious when there are room discounts for AP holders? I noticed a room discount through April 2019 with certain percentages off, but will those discounts be better when the AP discounts are released? Thanks!

The AP discounts will be listed under the Special Offers tab when you’re logged in. MouseSavers has a chart of historical discounts on their site.

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Great, thank you. I also have a Disney Visa. How do I go about booking a trip with that discount? This is all so much easier if you call and get the right cast member on the phone!

I’ve never booked the visa discounts myself. My TA did it. I think you need to call.

I'm a first timer too :-). My daughter and her family live near WDW (I'm in Wisconsin) and this time the visits will align that I'll at least break even on park admission so you factor in merchandise discounts and it was a no-brainer. Sad that I'll likely never be able to take advantage of things like if APs are invited to early opening of Star Wars, but I'm just happy to have my magnet LOL.

I'm a first timer too :-). My daughter and her family live near WDW (I'm in Wisconsin) and this time the visits will align that I'll at least break even on park admission so you factor in merchandise discounts and it was a no-brainer. Sad that I'll likely never be able to take advantage of things like if APs are invited to early opening of Star Wars, but I'm just happy to have my magnet LOL.
I wonder when the early opening of Star Wars will be (if they have it). Our APs will expire Dec 2019...

Yay to an getting your AP. We're first timers too and I'm dying to get a magnet. Did you have to go pick yours up?

Yay to an getting your AP. We're first timers too and I'm dying to get a magnet. Did you have to go pick yours up?

I got a welcome "package" in the mail which pretty much consisted of a small brochure that contained information I already knew LOL, but it did include the magnet :-). I was told it takes 4-6 weeks to get it and I believe I got mine right around the 6 week mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts