New AP Special?

tjls

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard if there will be any additional deals on AP for DVC members? Doing a November trip and will need to purchase/renew passes.

No news / rumors that I've come across.

FWIW, I am not expecting anything this year. Once SWGE opens (8/29/2019), I doubt very much that Disney will be having problems filling the parks or on-site lodging. So no need for them to offer any ticket deals. Unless you think an increase is coming, you can afford to wait until just before your 60 day FP+ window opens before you buy. I already bought ours - because I think an increase is more likely than a deal this year. JMHO. YMMV.

I would be planning more for an increase soon rather than any deals. The platinum plus for the price of a gold deal a few years ago was great, but I don't see anything like that happening any time soon with SWGE opening in August.

No news / rumors that I've come across.

FWIW, I am not expecting anything this year. Once SWGE opens (8/29/2019), I doubt very much that Disney will be having problems filling the parks or on-site lodging. So no need for them to offer any ticket deals. Unless you think an increase is coming, you can afford to wait until just before your 60 day FP+ window opens before you buy. I already bought ours - because I think an increase is more likely than a deal this year. JMHO. YMMV.
Thank you. I think I'll just renew the ones that have them already and wait until the 60 day to purchase the new one.

(SNIP) because I think an increase is more likely than a deal this year. (SNIP)
Agreed!
Parks attendance is up yet again, and SWGE is only going to add to it.

And they aren't building a land so immersive and expensive to lower prices.

MAYBE if direct sales dip for a while, they might bring it back as a marketing tool, but I think those deals are not on the horizon. I would love being wrong here.

Next AP deal will be offered when Universal will open the third gate. In the next few years with all the new attractions planned and 50th anniversary I don't think they'll offer a great deal like Premier Plus for the cost of the gold.
I'd be very happy to be wrong about this.

If you activate an AP before March, you get an extra day.
(It’s due to leap year)
But it is fun seeing my AP is valid for 367 days on MDE

Crazy increase! And my plans of buying 1 pass per month to space out payments totally backfired.

I’m glad that I upgraded some MYW passes to AP vouchers last fall. That’s an alarming price increase!

$225 price increase is NUTS! $90 for Gold is also insane. We weren't planning to buy until next year but I feel really bad for those buying soon. Plus we didn't hear any sort of increase head up.

Buying Dvc Direct this year was a good call. That alone will save us over 1200 next year (unless we get another increase) and over 1600 the year after that.

Anybody have the new AP prices and DVC discounts they could paste in this forum for people?

Yeah the special they announced was a huge increase AGAIN in AP prices. $90 for Gold DVC. They just increased them in Oct 2018, I know because I bought then and that was the 2 time that year. I just gave in and booked 5 days to use my pass which expires Oct 29. then done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter