New Boards questions- NOTE DATE CHANGE

W

WebmasterAlex

As you may have seen in the announcements we are moving to new boards! I will post some more details here and please feel free to ask any questions

Please note I have changed the date in the announcement, it will be THIS weekend 2/1!

Any chance of getting screenshots or something prior to the move? So we have an idea what to expect? :thumbsup2

Sayhello

XenForo is awesome, good luck with the transition. :)

It currently looks like the boards will shut down Saturday evening around 1am and reopen some time on Sunday late afternoon/evening

Um, soo.... it's after 1am Saturday and either the old boards haven't been shut down or the new software looks exactly the same?

Three quick basic questions...

1) Which "this Saturday"? Can you please provide the date?

2) I know you said 1am. Does that mean ET? There are a lot of people here from various time zones so it would be good to know which 1am... :)

3) Will all links, pictures, signature files, emoticons, and other data all transfer successfully?

Thanks and looking forward to it!!!

Ok I edited the announcement
It currently looks like the boards will shut down Sunday Morning 2/8 around 1am eastern time and reopen some time on Sunday 2/8 late afternoon/evening
There are a lot of factors that could affect the exact time

Three quick basic questions...

1) Which "this Saturday"? Can you please provide the date?

2) I know you said 1am. Does that mean ET? There are a lot of people here from various time zones so it would be good to know which 1am... :)

3) Will all links, pictures, signature files, emoticons, and other data all transfer successfully?

Thanks and looking forward to it!!!

Links yes, pictures (which are really links) yes, signature files... well kind of. They will but the new boards has an entirely new system for controlling signatures so it may not totally match

Thank you for putting this information as a thread. For some reason, whenever I click on the announcements, I get the "you do not have permission or your account has been disabled..." If I log out, I can read the announcements.

By making it a thread, I can get all the information.

Hope the new board will be great!

Looking forward to the transition!!!

How long until you re-open sponsorship levels?

I also can't view the new boards announcement.

I'm a new user, but wanted to come in here and make a plea for you to enable tapatalk for the new forums. Most of the other disney forums I've found have it enabled. Thanks for any consideration.

Will things like subscriptions and our PMs remain, or should be start scrambling to download the information we have saved in these?

Please, what is the new link to the new forums coming up 2/8?, if any.
I would like to know where to go to continue participating. BEST OF LUCK!

Looking forward to the transition!!!

How long until you re-open sponsorship levels?

Not sure exactly what you are asking...

Thank you for putting this information as a thread. For some reason, whenever I click on the announcements, I get the "you do not have permission or your account has been disabled..." If I log out, I can read the announcements.

By making it a thread, I can get all the information.

Hope the new board will be great!

Probably not going to take the time to fix it at this point :)

I also can't view the new boards announcement.

I'm a new user, but wanted to come in here and make a plea for you to enable tapatalk for the new forums. Most of the other disney forums I've found have it enabled. Thanks for any consideration.

The new boards will have a "responsive" design that works with mobile devices natively. We haven't decided on any apps on top of that

Will things like subscriptions and our PMs remain, or should be start scrambling to download the information we have saved in these?

PM's will have to check on subscriptions

Please, what is the new link to the new forums coming up 2/8?, if any.
I would like to know where to go to continue participating. BEST OF LUCK!
The board address won't change

I read some internet discussions on vBulletin - XenForo conversions, but I can't find an answer to my question:

Will thread formatting remain intact after conversion, E.g. image sizes, 25 images per post, fonts, colors, spacing, etc...:confused:. I have almost 50 pages of resort information in three threads I created in the Resorts forum that I'm concerned about:worried:

:cool1:
Not sure exactly what you are asking...tHANK YOU ALEX!

Probably not going to take the time to fix it at this point :)

The new boards will have a "responsive" design that works with mobile devices natively. We haven't decided on any apps on top of that

PM's will have to check on subscriptions

The board address won't change

I read some internet discussions on vBulletin - XenForo conversions, but I can't find an answer to my question:

Will thread formatting remain intact after conversion, E.g. image sizes, 25 images per post, fonts, colors, spacing, etc...:confused:. I have almost 50 pages of resort information in three threads I created in the Resorts forum that I'm concerned about:worried:
First off let me say those are great threads! We appreciate the work you do

I don't think anyone really knows that answer completely because it is also affected by the "style" or design of the board and that can vary.
I did take a look at one of your threads on a test conversion and it looked pretty good! The only thing I noticed was the link color for unvisited links changed. Really though we'll have to see what happens

First off let me say those are great threads! We appreciate the work you do

I don't think anyone really knows that answer completely because it is also affected by the "style" or design of the board and that can vary.
I did take a look at one of your threads on a test conversion and it looked pretty good! The only thing I noticed was the link color for unvisited links changed. Really though we'll have to see what happens
Thank you for your quick reply and I really appreciate your positive feedback regarding my threads.

I may regret asking this, but do I need to, gulp, copy those 50 pages of raw data? I assume the raw posting data will remain unchanged, however, the final product may just need some minor tweaking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!