New Busses

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
The new busses seem to be rolling out quickly. I thought they just arrived, but a driver told me that they started arriving back in November. They were deployed in late March.

I have to say that they are a marked improvement over the existing busses. Some positive features:

1) Quieter
2) Less (much less) noxious fumes
3) Smoother ride
4) Easy on/off (no steps, entrance almost even with curb)
5) More to hold onto for standing passengers

If it's gotta be busses, these are certainly better.

When we were on an old bus the driver said that the new buses were bigger and could hold more people. He said that this is because there is much more standing room. I haven't been in one yet but they look so cool!!

Anyone hear or see anything about how the new buses are with accommodating wheelchairs/scooters?

I rent one of the latter on my trips nowadays, since 2 car accidents (1991 & 1999) have caused me to have permanent back & neck problems that mean that, without one, I can only go a couple hours before tiring out.

The old buses (RTS & RTS-II GMC busses) were kinda hard to get on and off with a scooter (have to back onto the lift only barely wide enough), and once the scooter I was sitting in nearly tipped over as the bus turned from Buena Vista Drive left onto World Drive. (Hey, Tom Morrow, how about giving the bus drivers that little lesson on centrifugal force?)

So I'm just wondering if anyone has seen how the new buses accommodate wheelchairs/scooters.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Hurley

who's going back 11/9/01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!