New cancellation policy

You have to beware of the "room only package" mentioned immediately above but not always by the words "room only package" when talking to a CM reservationist over the phone. All it takes is a few coupons for something like mini-golf to turn a "room only" reservation into a package.

Some guests may fall into this trap or even intentionally select it if the total cost as booked is lower after all applicable discounts are applied.

Note that the “room only package” or “ticketless package” usually works out to be about $20 more than the true room only booking. So you are in effect paying for that mini golf discount that comes with the package, LOL!

The cancellation policy is also much less favorable on the ticketless / room only package. It has a 30-day cancellation to get your deposit back, and within 1-day the *entire* stay is nonrefundable. Compare that to the "true" room only reservation, where you can cancel up to 5 days in advance and get your full deposit, and within 5 days you lose your deposit (you never lose the full amount even if you cancel within a day).

Finally, I am seeing a lot of reports of automatic upsells on the Bounceback thread. For example, less expensive rooms not being offered until the guest asks about it, automatically booking a more expensive option, etc. One of the reports is of a ticketless package booking when the guest simply requested a room reservation.

It seems to me the phone CMs have an incentive for making sure you book a package and up sell your reservation/have a higher cost. I’ve been told the phone CMs have quotas they have to meet. I’m not sure how the quotas work, but it may be that they may have a certain number of packages to sell (packages are usually a higher cost because they typically include dining and tickets, so it makes sense there would be a quota for them). Or it may be that they are banking on you adding tickets or dining to that initial package that they booked for you, which would make it a higher cost.

In any case, I would suggest that you know which type of booking works best for you and ask about that specifically.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter