New Character M&Gs once TSL opens?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Do you think we'll see any new character M&Gs once TSL opens? I was thinking maybe they'd do some of the Toy Story characters like Zurg, Rex etc?

not sure how M&G will work ... I know the idea is that you are one of the Toys so I don't know if the figures of the Toy Story characters that are in the Land (Jessie, Rex, Buzz) are supposed to be the actual Toys and thus won't be doing M&G then .... I know they said it is set up that the guest is the size of the green Army Men so maybe they will meet?

There will probably be something because lets face it M&G's are incredible time sinks so you don't notice the 120 min wait on the new rides.

Do they have those costumes? I'd think, as a PP mentioned that there will be M&G, but I'd think adding the cowgirl and Green Army Men to the Buzz/cowboy combo would make sense. I know they have the cowgirl and army guy costumes.

I would assume they will move Buzz and Woody's meet from where it is presently into the new land but we all know what they say about assumption

Do they have those costumes? I'd think, as a PP mentioned that there will be M&G, but I'd think adding the cowgirl and Green Army Men to the Buzz/cowboy combo would make sense. I know they have the cowgirl and army guy costumes.

I know at the Toy Story Land in Hong Kong they have a little themed covered area for meet and greets .... if I recall correctly there were rotations with Woddy, Buzz, Jessie (the cowgirl) and Bullseye

just checked - the meet and greet is themed as if you are in the inside of a "barrel of monkeys" and it lists Woody, Buzz, and Jessie

Also mentioned they have a Green Army Man "Toy Soldier Boot Camp" entertainment

I know at the Toy Story Land in Hong Kong they have a little themed covered area for meet and greets .... if I recall correctly there were rotations with Woddy, Buzz, Jessie (the cowgirl) and Bullseye

Yeah, I suck at knowing the names. I was just trying to mention the ones I'd seen while being in the parks. Seems easy if they existing costumes or costume designs.

Yeah, I suck at knowing the names. I was just trying to mention the ones I'd seen while being in the parks. Seems easy if they existing costumes or costume designs.

yeah, my only question is that if you are supposed to be the size of toys and actually in Andy's backyard - how do you have a meet and greet with Buzz or Jesie when they have the figures of those characters in the land - are those just random statues of the toys and not the toys themselves? Or, more likely, I am over thinking this

yeah, my only question is that if you are supposed to be the size of toys and actually in Andy's backyard - how do you have a meet and greet with Buzz or Jesie when they have the figures of those characters in the land - are those just random statues of the toys and not the toys themselves? Or, more likely, I am over thinking this

I completely agree with you. Having both the statues and the same character meet and greets would ruin the immersion. That’s why I wish they added statues of bo peep, wheezy, bullseye etc, so they could have meet and greets with Jessie, woody and buzz.

I don't recall seeing in the the concept art doesn't a space for a meet and greet with the characters AND that the current spot in Pixar Place) will be going away. Maybe they will have an outdoor M&G like the Disney Junior characters have.

You would think they would want to retain the Buzz and Woody M&Gs to help offset the high demand for the two new rides. Even with two new attractions, DHS is still light on "ride" attractions that you wait in a queue for (6 after TSL opens).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter