New Cirque du Soleil show featuring Disney animation coming to Disney Spring

I am so incredibly excited about this news! Disney has a winner with this one. :cloud9:

La Nuba was “ok” it was a nice night out I’d never see it again this looks good though!

We saw La Nouba four times, great show each time. This past August, since we knew La Nouba was ending, we had to see it one more time. We bought category 2 tickets (previous seats were front and center, and category 1) to save some money. Surprise surprise, we were seated in row a, and had an amazing view of the stage, even better than when we paid extra for the front and center seating.

La Nouba is an awesome show, and in a way I will be sad to see it go, but I am also super excited to see what they have in store for us next. I've been not so patiently waiting for this announcement ever since I heard that La Nouba was ending.

Oh joy! Finally we get to see something inspired by Disney animation at WDW instead of original art.

Upon hearing the animation angle, I immediately thought of the Cirque du Soleil show Iris. That show was a non-touring, permanent show at the Dolby Theatre on Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood, CA. The show used the classic age of Hollywood film-making as it's theme. It was one of Cirque du Soleil's failures. For whatever reason, it never was able to sell enough tickets and it closed after about 14 months.

One of the more memorable scene was called Patterns. It used live video of performers projected on a screen with a slight delay. It had a stop-motion animation feel. I could easily see this updated and featured in this upcoming Disney collaboration.

(It was far more impressive in person. Jump to about 3:50 for some of the best parts.)

Speaking of Cirque du Soleil, I'm off to see Luzia this afternoon. And, I get to see the final performance of La Nouba in about 10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter