New comer

tmungania

Earning My Ears
My name is Tim. New to the Forum. Got introduced to Dis boards by William Blaser. My current PRs are

5K...19.06 (unofficial). I have never raced a 5k officially.
HM..1.32.09
MarThon..3.11.48

Goal for the next race, a sub 3.10 which will be a BQ minus 5. I think I can run 3.05 if things go my way on race day

Great goal to be shooting for a bq! I can hardly imagine being that fast, excited to hear how it goes for you.
Thank you Blue Caterpillar. I did get as close as 12 secs to running boston 2018.

I had a Bq minus 3 mins and 11 secs and the cut off ended being 3 mins and 23 secs.

I am a feel secs into getting to run Boston. Things just need to go my way on race day!! 26.2 is a long way to make a few mistakes!!. lol

Great read. Have you read Magness's book "Science of Running"? It reads like a textbook but it's very good. The only place he loses me his in his development of training methodology. But maybe now 2.5 years later, I'm ready to re-read that section.

Three phrases of mine come to mind:

Save it for race day.

Don't survive the training, thrive because of it.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Great read. Have you read Magness's book "Science of Running"? It reads like a textbook but it's very good. The only place he loses me his in his development of training methodology. But maybe now 2.5 years later, I'm ready to re-read that section.

Three phrases of mine come to mind:

Save it for race day.

Don't survive the training, thrive because of it.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I like your Phrases. Most of the times, I get so caught up in hitting the training paces. I don't train faster than the current fitness level, but it can be draining to try hit the paces on all the workouts. I will check into getting this dude's ebook. Looks like a great read

1. Getting fit is easy, expressing that fitness is the challenge.
  2. If you are sufficiently motivated, it is easy to train yourself into the ground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!