• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Country coming?

bunnymkc

<font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th
My daughter who lives in Orlando has told me that Epcot is getting another country...is this true ?has anyone here heard about this?tia marianne

The rumors has been flying for about 2 years that I know of about new countries being added.

How could Hawaii be added as a new "country" when it is not a country but a state?

I have to agree that Hawaii would/could/should not be added to Epcot as a "country." At least for now, they are part of the other 49 "states" that are represented by the "American Adventure."

The last I heard about any new countries being added, and this was years ago, it was one of the African countries and I think somebody mentioned Russia once or twice.

Perhaps a South Pacific island is being added and is being mistaken for Hawaii?

Seriously, I'm not aware that any new countries are planned for Epcot at this time.

At various times, Disney announced Spain, Israel, Equatorial Africa (not a country, but a region), Switzerland, and Russia. And Disney has displayed models of a proposed Denmark.

If you can talk some entity into funding a new country at Epcot -- whether that entity is a national government, a rich corporation, or a collection of corporations -- then there will be a new country.

Does anyone on DIS have a $100 million and want to fund a new country at Epcot?

If they want to add berkely they could just add it to a special area made for communist states!!! They would surely feel at home their!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter