New Credit Card Authorization Holds

Just got off the phone with A very reliable DVA and was told (she called to OKW and spoke with the supervisor, as I was holding). You can pre-load your Folio with Disney Gift card or Cash or your Bank/Debit Account once you arrive on property - any amount you want. I am taking my debit card off my account - this will avoid any $100 holds and I can still use my MagicBand up to the amount that I have in my Folio. Yes, I may not get the text that my room is ready but I can live with that. I am going in 28 days and have already done on-line check in so, I may or may not get the text. Point being that it seems if you want to avoid the holds - just pre-pay on your Folio and MB tap away.
Unless this has VERY recently changed, she's misinformed (shockingly (not)) :sad2: and is incorrect.

Just wanting to report our experience. We arrived at Pop with our room fully paid off. I did put my Disney Visa on file for room charges. We used cash only on this trip, but had the disney visa Incase we needed it at any point. No hold was ever put on my card. I was fully expecting the initial $100 hold. I checked my disney room charge daily on the app, and nothing was ever held or charged.

Just wanting to report our experience. We arrived at Pop with our room fully paid off. I did put my Disney Visa on file for room charges. We used cash only on this trip, but had the disney visa Incase we needed it at any point. No hold was ever put on my card. I was fully expecting the initial $100 hold. I checked my disney room charge daily on the app, and nothing was ever held or charged.
The hold is put on the credit card, not the room.

Please tell me how to avoid getting the $100 holds - after the first one. I am ok with one but not time after time. I am pre-paid for my vacation package and meal plan. We used our MB for everything else. If we stay under $100.00 a day- will we be ok? And is that $100.00 combined?(There are 4 of us).

If everything is prepaid what would you even be charging? If it's souvenirs you should get a Disney Chase Card for that as you can get 10% off in the parks if you spend more than $50.

I would just plan on looking up where items are available if you find something and taking the chase card there one day. You have to have your card on you for the discount and charge to it.

https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/walt-disney-world-perks/

i've started calling about 5 days before the trip and paying my room only reservations in full. i then have only the $100 hold and any other holds as we spend money on our magic bands. seems to be working for us on our trips that have been less than 5 days so far.

MAJOR UPDATE

We’re at CBR now, and I was told by two different CM that they have ended the charging on the 5th day, and all charges will be processed on check out morning (like at 3 am). They said it was causing way too many problems for too many guests.

Oh that would be good! We are there for 11 nights so I was concerned. We go down every night about and pay off with gift cards but didn't want any issues of them turning the charging off as we have heard on the 5th day.

MAJOR UPDATE

We’re at CBR now, and I was told by two different CM that they have ended the charging on the 5th day, and all charges will be processed on check out morning (like at 3 am). They said it was causing way too many problems for too many guests.
Thanks for the update! I wonder if that's only at CBR or resort wide? Hopefully all resorts will be like this, I guess I'll have to ask at check in (Kidani in Dec.).

MAJOR UPDATE

Great news.
@dansdad have you heard any updates about this?

Thanks for the update! I wonder if that's only at CBR or resort wide? Hopefully all resorts will be like this, I guess I'll have to ask at check in (Kidani in Dec.).
I'm going to guess resort wide as we weren't charged over our 7 day stay either. This was early June at GF. I didn't ask why though, just let it be. I'd venture to guess few others bother to ask either, which would be why no ones heard of it. Other than a few here, most are just going on like normal. Not talking about it.
So it's been going on, not a brand new change. Like I said, they've quietly made changes, not announced them. This is just one of them. At least that's been my observation.

I'm going to guess resort wide as we weren't charged over our 7 day stay either. This was early June at GF. I didn't ask why though, just let it be. I'd venture to guess few others bother to ask either, which would be why no ones heard of it. Other than a few here, most are just going on like normal. Not talking about it.
So it's been going on, not a brand new change. Like I said, they've quietly made changes, not announced them. This is just one of them. At least that's been my observation.
Am I at assume that the $100 holds are still in effect? They will take $100 the first day and if you go over that $100 - pay the amount and place another $100 hold on? Or has this been eliminated?

Unless this has VERY recently changed, she's misinformed (shockingly (not)) :sad2: and is incorrect.
It was incorrect - she was misinformed and wasn't real happy about it (I called her back to tell her what the actual policy was). There is a lot of confusion from the DVAs and the CSs. You would think they could all be on the same page. There is way more "TRUE" information on this board than you can get from calling Disney.

Am I at assume that the $100 holds are still in effect? They will take $100 the first day and if you go over that $100 - pay the amount and place another $100 hold on? Or has this been eliminated?
Initial $100 hold yes but there was not another ran every time we went over $100. I detailed every charge they pre-authorized during our trip. I'd probably a page, maybe 2, back in the thread. Shouldn't be too far since it's not been very active with posts since our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter