New Credit Card Authorization Holds

The most we ever charged at one time was $28. The $104.xx was another hold issued this morning. Our actual charges of $308.xx has not been posted, yet.
That's the one thing that makes it extra confusing, the timing of the charges. And the way they can total them. Most of our charges all exceed $100 so they post 1 by 1. If you do a lot of little charges during a day and the total of them all exceed $100 then that's probably what those amounts are. The only way I can keep up with it is to wait to see the final total and make sure that equals the total shown on the portfolio. As long as they match and the authorizations disappear, I don't concern myself with them. So far, those 2 things have happened.
Like I've mentioned, the actual final charges processed on check out day never show up (post) on the credit card activity for 3, 4 days following check out. NO idea why they take so long to post them. The date once it does post equals check out day. I don't know if this is a Chase thing or something about how Disney sends the charge over.
I did just have a thought. I noticed that all the pending charges fall off about the same time the final charge posts. Could it be that Disney puts some sort of delay on the final charge so most, if not all, the pending charges fall off before it posts? No idea if such a thing is possible for a vendor to do. I run credit card payments at work but have never looked at doing a delay on one. I should next time, just to test the theory.

Trying to play catch up because we leave soon. Does this apply to DVC room reservations? Im seeing so many reports of people going over credit limits and I'm not fully understanding if I will be ok.
Right now the card I have one file has over $7k limit and I only keep about $500 a month of charges on there. Will that be ok with this new system or should I switch it to a card with a higher limit?

Trying to play catch up because we leave soon. Does this apply to DVC room reservations? Im seeing so many reports of people going over credit limits and I'm not fully understanding if I will be ok.
Right now the card I have one file has over $7k limit and I only keep about $500 a month of charges on there. Will that be ok with this new system or should I switch it to a card with a higher limit?
I'd say that's enough. It would be for any trip we've ever done
But, you don't mention how long you plan to be there, how many in your party OR if you have any extravagant purchases in mind.
Eat at V&A, buy a Dooney or Kate Spade or two, feed 10 each day and you'll run right past that limit right fast.

What I did and I found it to be easier BUT it was just the wife and myself, I used a gift card(s) for EVERYTHING I bought. This included souvenirs, any kind of tips, jewlery, basically anything I would have bought or charged back to my room, I paid for it on the spot. I loved the fact you could see your remaining balance on the receipt! I contemplated the charge back but I had been buying the gift cards for sometime and found it to be easier then charging back and then going to front desk to pay off. I did not once go the front desk this trip, not once! And the $100 charge back was dropped for me the very next day after checkout.

We stayed on site August 26-31st and this was the first time we dealt with these credit card holds. They placed a $100 hold on our credit card around 6am August 26, which was the day of our check-in. They placed a second $100 hold on our credit card also around 6am on August 28. A third $100 hold was made around 6am on August 30. We used our magic bands for charging, but stopped by the concierge desk every day around dinner time and paid off the balance. We made our last payment to the concierge on Friday night, August 30, and checked out Saturday morning. We could see they’d already charged us for Friday night parking when we made that last stop to the concierge. We paid cash/debit card for everything we bought late Friday night and Saturday. The holds all dropped off the credit card on Saturday, I’m not sure what time, but we noticed it early evening.

We are not credit card people. My husband and I each have one and we only use them for absolute true emergencies, which thankfully we have only had to do once in ten years. We use Bank of America for banking/debit cards and they are terrible about just canceling your debit card on a whim because of suspected fraud, so when we heard about these holds we decided to put the credit card on file instead of the debit card just to be safe. The whole thing was rather annoying, having to remember to stop every night and pay off the balance. It was a lot more convenient when they just charged us all at once shortly after we checked out. And if I’m being totally honest, I don’t think I spent as much on this trip as I have in the past because every night I had to reconcile what I spent and that wasn’t very fun lol.

I'd say that's enough. It would be for any trip we've ever done
But, you don't mention how long you plan to be there, how many in your party OR if you have any extravagant purchases in mind.
Eat at V&A, buy a Dooney or Kate Spade or two, feed 10 each day and you'll run right past that limit right fast.
It's just myself for 5 nights/6 days. My mom has a separate card linked to her account with a similar limit. We aren't very extravagant people, but seeing all of these posts got me worried! We do love to spend a lot at the outlet but never over $200 in a single transaction.

This will be my first time staying on property with the new hold policy. When we check in, our card will have a "hold" of $100, correct? Will we have a new $100 charge for each day we are there? Or is it only if we go over the $100 by charging on our MB that a new $100 charge will "hold" on our card?

For example - we check in on Saturday ($100 hold) and charge $50 on our MB. On Sunday, will we have a new $100 "hold"? Or will it not charge another $100 "hold" until we charge over $100 to our MB?

I hope I am making sense. I just want to make sure I understand for our trip in 2 weeks. Thanks!

This will be my first time staying on property with the new hold policy. When we check in, our card will have a "hold" of $100, correct? Will we have a new $100 charge for each day we are there? Or is it only if we go over the $100 by charging on our MB that a new $100 charge will "hold" on our card?

For example - we check in on Saturday ($100 hold) and charge $50 on our MB. On Sunday, will we have a new $100 "hold"? Or will it not charge another $100 "hold" until we charge over $100 to our MB?

I hope I am making sense. I just want to make sure I understand for our trip in 2 weeks. Thanks!
The bold had been my experience over 5 different trips

The beignets we bought yesterday morning at $4.79 (room charge) have been charged to my card. Still waiting for the rest of our room charges to hit the credit card. :rolleyes: Why they put through one charge by itself is a mystery, when it should have been the entire amount.

Or will it not charge another $100 "hold" until we charge over $100 to our MB?

I think a big misunderstanding here is the magicband, NOTHING is charged to it or even on it, the MB is nothing more then a bridge to your folio and or account, which has your CC information....

We’re wrapping up a split stay (3 resorts) and although we didn’t do much charging with the MB (to our resort accounts as indicated by previous poster), all three resorts handled it a little different. We used a Chase Visa and each reservation was paid in full upon arrival.

#1: AKL Kidani: Rented DVC points so no balance upon arrival. One night stay. Placed $100 hold on cc the morning of arrival. Hold was dropped and charges applied to cc after midnight on day of checkout.
#2: POR: No balance upon arrival. Placed $100 hold on cc the morning of arrival. Accumulated about $300 of charges and they have not yet been applied to cc (checked out yesterday). Hold has been dropped though.
#3: CS: Here now and checking out today. No balance upon arrival. Placed $100 hold the morning of arrival. Charges from yesterday (under $100) have already been applied to cc and hold has been dropped.

After reading this thread, it sounded like the new practice was a bit inconsistent, so we most often paid by gc or charged right to our credit card. But, our experience echos that of others... a little different at each resort it seems.

this "hold" has me so confused. we usually link our debit card to our room, however, I'm starting to think i will link the cc and IF we charge to the room(Hard to break my dh of that habit) i will make sure to pay each night with gc/cash. hate to tie up our vacation $ and household account or even worse have the fraud system shut my card down(yes that's happened even when i let the ink know we are going on vacation-small town living). so my big question is, my pkg is paid in full and i can do online check in, will the hold go on now or on the morning that we check in? Just when i was good at all that goes on, i now feel lost

this "hold" has me so confused. we usually link our debit card to our room, however, I'm starting to think i will link the cc and IF we charge to the room(Hard to break my dh of that habit) i will make sure to pay each night with gc/cash. hate to tie up our vacation $ and household account or even worse have the fraud system shut my card down(yes that's happened even when i let the ink know we are going on vacation-small town living). so my big question is, my pkg is paid in full and i can do online check in, will the hold go on now or on the morning that we check in? Just when i was good at all that goes on, i now feel lost

For us the hold was put on the morning of our check in day. Not sure what time but pretty early in the day.

so my big question is, my pkg is paid in full and i can do online check in, will the hold go on now or on the morning that we check in? Just when i was good at all that goes on, i now feel lost
The hold will go on the morning of your arrival, so you may want to change to a credit card when you do on line check in.

It can take any where up to 10 days for holds to be removed by the bank. Smaller banks, sometimes do it once during a billing cycle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!