New "Date-Based" ticket prices are up!

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
And of course, there's a price increase for just about everyone.

There are too many data points to post but it appears that the cheapest time to visit next year will be in January.

For myself, a DVC Gold AP went up $21.

And a 7-day hopper for early April, 2019 went up about $32.

ETA - UT still has tickets available under the old pricing scheme. E-tickets do not expire until Dec. 31, 2019.

I totally forgot about this and booked 7 day trip for next September yesterday! Glad I didn't wait another day.

I purchased my tickets (2 adult/2 kids) yesterday for March 2019 and today they would cost $141.09 more from Disney. I didn't want to deal with the date thing since my dates can still shift some due to DH's work. The saved money doesn't hurt either!

I purchased my tickets (2 adult/2 kids) yesterday for March 2019 and today they would cost $141.09 more from Disney. I didn't want to deal with the date thing since my dates can still shift some due to DH's work. The saved money doesn't hurt either!
The same here. While we are pretty much set on our dates (DVC is booked, airfare has been purchased, dates are circled on the calendars), you just never know what kind of curveball life may throw at you. I bought a 7-day hopper from UT for my daughter. If the trip gets cancelled, then I can transfer it to whoever goes on our F&W trip in the fall. I have a VGF grand villa booked and I expect that I will get a lot of takers on my offer of a free resort stay.

Parking at the Theme Parks went up to $25/day too.

Pretty sure our trip in April 2020 will be the last for my family. I am the Grandma who pays for my family of 5. My 2 grand daughters are Disney "freaks" like me and I promised them a trip to celebrate my retirement in March 2020 and I intend to keep that promise. Between park tickets, hotel rates, food and airfare I am not sure I want to spend that kind of money after this next trip.

We live in MA and Six Flags NE is about 75 minutes away. One of my neighbors took his family including grands on an NCL cruise to Bermuda this summer and had a blast, that may be our next family vaca after the next WDW trip.

6 day park hoppers (for 4) for Dec '19 went up $300. I'm glad we're already booked, but I'm assuming any changes I make will result in getting the new higher price.

Bought 2-4 day base tickets yesterday and today they are $50 more total. Not huge, but with parking, ticket, and food increases, I am pretty sure this is going to be our last trip to the parks for a number of years. In 10 years tickets have practically doubled (based on me remembering that a 4-day hopper costs $250 including tax in 2007. In 2015 we stayed at WL for $185/night and for the same time period, it is $450. Blah.

I love Disney as much as most here, but this is just getting ridiculous. We are already staying offsite for the first time in a two bedroom for half what it would cost us to stay at AoA.

The difference for my family in October for 6 day base tickets between UT and WDW is around $300! We still have a 2 day ticket we planned to upgrade when we get there for my youngest. Any idea if you can still do that?

My spouse's response after he heard the news this morning - "So, Disney doesn't really want us to visit anymore?" And I said, "Nah, Florida is just a red hot tourist market...give it 10 years and they will be begging you to go back, after the next "big tourist" area hits it big...so we might as well keep taking the initiative and visiting all those "not hot" sites right now:)"...

We purchased a few weeks ago from UT. The new ticket prices for our dates are $426 more than what we paid. (Family of 5 “adults”)

So these essentially become length of stay tickets I am guessing or you can skip day 1, day 6 and 7 and buy a 4 day ticket or similar.

I wrote a nice but complaining letter, for the first time in almost 10 years of adulting at Disney. Since we bought our package 8 months ago, they have added parking fees, raised ticket prices twice, increased our dining by about $20/meal, and snacks have gone up. If we wanted to "plus" our tickets or add a single day to our 5 day hoppers it's approx $70/pp. I've seen a lot of people say "oh it's only X amount over the course of a $5k vacation" but in our case it really adds up. $25x5 days=$125 parking, $20x 5= $100 character meals, add a day $280. Obviously we are ubering and cancelled some meals, and won't be adding a day, but having to adjust expectations a month before our trip stinks. I don't expect anything to come of it, but it feels a little better I guess.

This is going to hurt our pocket book:( We normally get the FL resident Silver AP and it went up $40 per AP a 9% increase:mad:. We skipped going to WDW this year and if it was not for being a FL resident and being able to spread the AP cost over 12 months, we would be skipping next year. We still may, $160 more for APs and add on parking, thats an additional $400 not counting the increased food prices:(

Dates you are going?

March 23. 8 day PHs. 5 people

Price is now $2822
We paid $2396

What we paid is still $200+ less than 4 day tickets.

For my family, ticket increases have been the biggest factor in us going less often. The ticket prices alone are more than what we used to spend on an entire trip when the kids were little. I understand inflation and that prices increase, but it just seems excessive.

Since we bought our package 8 months ago, they have added parking fees, raised ticket prices twice, increased our dining by about $20/meal, and snacks have gone up.

Just to point out... if you booked before the resort parking fees took effect in late March, then you are grandfathered and will NOT be charged parking at the resort.

But I hear ya... a little here and a little there certainly does add up!

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter