New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had experience with taking an unopened beer with them when taking a QS meal to go? We want to take the QS meal and drink back to our room to eat /drink at a later time but not sure if they will open the beer. Thanks.

A couple of experiences to report:

We were told that menu-service alcoholic drinks are NOT included at brunch at California Grill. This contradicts previous reports that a bloody mary or different cocktail was included, but I didn't challenge my server's interpretation because it just didn't matter that much to me. The new welcome cocktail with the blueberry boba balls is really good.

Raglan Road has a new menu, and they've done away with their "all for sharing" classification on the appetizers so the popular choices like Scallop Forest and Dalkey Duo can now be ordered by a single person. And their Bailey's shake is wonderful.

At Cape May brunch, a mimosa was included and was just as delicious as I'd imagined a POG mimosa would be.

Maria & Enzo's is a heck of a value on the dining plan - one credit but added up to almost as much $$$ as our signature meals, and easily one of the best meals we had all trip - and all alcoholic drinks under $15 were included on the plan.

We did break up two meal credits for extra F&G snacks and those snacks were subject to the standard snack-credit rules - I specifically asked because I've seen a few people speculating about it, but once the meal is broken down into snack credits those credits can only be used for snack-eligible items. So by breaking up a meal credit that way, you forfeit the alcohol option.

For the most part servers were very forthcoming and helpful in explaining the alcohol entitlement without asking, and I took advantage at most of the places we ate.

No more unlimited mimosas included with the price of the CG brunch? Just the welcome cocktail?

No more unlimited mimosas included with the price of the CG brunch? Just the welcome cocktail?

I didn't ask about standard mimosas because I liked the blueberry drink, but it looked like a couple of tables had them so I'm thinking the welcome cocktail (which was also unlimited) and mimosas are interchangeable.

I didn't ask about standard mimosas because I liked the blueberry drink, but it looked like a couple of tables had them so I'm thinking the welcome cocktail (which was also unlimited) and mimosas are interchangeable.

Thank you! The welcome cocktail sounds delicious too. I assumed wrongly that it wasn't unlimited.

At Ohana on our recent trip on the DxDP I was given the option to either have the Lapu Lapu in a glass or pay an extra $5 for the pineapple.

As well, since our table wasn't ready at reservation time we tried to sit down at the bar to have our drink. We asked if we could have our drink at the bar and take it in when our table was ready. The server said that we could not do that. When we asked if it was much of a wait that evening, she shrugged and said that it was hit or miss at Ohana.

Does anyone have experience with scotch selections at the few places that have single malts available at the bar?

I'm not sure if I missed it but I believe only 1 person has mentioned Jiko and said that some scotch wasn't available on the DDP/DXDDP which leads me to assume that some must be.

I'll be there this fall and I'm trying out sig restaurants for the first time so I've been wondering if I'll be able to have a pour of whisky from the bar or if I have to stick with menu cocktails. I'm sure some educated guesses could be made but this seems to be the place for actual experiences which is something I haven't been able to find online with the alcohol-included DDPs.

Thanks in advance for anyone with info on this!

Does anyone have experience with scotch selections at the few places that have single malts available at the bar?

I'm not sure if I missed it but I believe only 1 person has mentioned Jiko and said that some scotch wasn't available on the DDP/DXDDP which leads me to assume that some must be.

I'll be there this fall and I'm trying out sig restaurants for the first time so I've been wondering if I'll be able to have a pour of whisky from the bar or if I have to stick with menu cocktails. I'm sure some educated guesses could be made but this seems to be the place for actual experiences which is something I haven't been able to find online with the alcohol-included DDPs.

Thanks in advance for anyone with info on this!

Interested to hear feedback on this one. My fiance is a scotch drinker as well!

Interested to hear feedback on this one. My fiance is a scotch drinker as well!
Here’s what I posted on January 1st. The dining plan doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason on the scotch selection.
E4B800CA-F493-4946-A090-C08C45D6E41A.jpeg

Has anyone had experience with taking an unopened beer with them when taking a QS meal to go? We want to take the QS meal and drink back to our room to eat /drink at a later time but not sure if they will open the beer. Thanks.
I had no problem doing this at Gasparilla Island Grill at GF in March. I ate the meal there, and took the beer away for later, unopened.

Does anyone know the DVC prices for Deluxe plan, Child? Not showing up on DVC vacation site.

Does anyone know the DVC prices for Deluxe plan, Child? Not showing up on DVC vacation site.

It's still the same as everyone else: $116.25 for adults and $39.99 for kids. The only time it is different is if there is a price increase for the plan during the year. DVC contracts for the price for the entire year.

A couple of experiences to report:

We did break up two meal credits for extra F&G snacks and those snacks were subject to the standard snack-credit rules - I specifically asked because I've seen a few people speculating about it, but once the meal is broken down into snack credits those credits can only be used for snack-eligible items. So by breaking up a meal credit that way, you forfeit the alcohol option.

Does anyone know if they let you use the meal credit for 2 snacks or 3 snacks? (I know it was 3 when I went in 2016, hopefully it is the same.)

Does anyone know if they let you use the meal credit for 2 snacks or 3 snacks? (I know it was 3 when I went in 2016, hopefully it is the same.)

We used a couple of quick service at the booths at flower and garden a couple weeks ago and it was still 3 snacks in place of 1 quick service.

Will this be the same at any dining on property that offers liquor or is that only for one specific location?

That was for one specific location. If you read through the thread, you'll find each restaurant is deciding what they will offer and there's not a comprehensive list as of yet (probably won't be). It's even changed some in the first three months. In Jan, there guests were allowed something that someone in Feb or Mar was not, so they're still working through this. However, most experiences so far have been positive.

Will this be the same at any dining on property that offers liquor or is that only for one specific location?
IIRC, that was Brown Derby. I think I’ve got some photos from Flying Fish, too. Seems like things do change, and I’d expect signatures to have higher thresholds than regular restaurants. I thought I took some new photos at Brown Derby last week, but I can’t find those.

1689820E-2F9B-4E41-9C33-FA11EED86E35.jpeg 025D7319-34AB-47A5-983B-6B5F35DA6A49.jpeg

If we have extra child TS credits left, are we able to break those apart to use for 3 snacks? My 6 year old loves things like steak, etc... so I anticipate having to share my meals with him so that he will have what he wants. This will leave us with extra TS credits for him and I would hate to just "lose" them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter