New DDP rules for 2018

Sounds good!

Will raise your tips a fair amount over potentially 28 Meals if you're on DxDDP! - Average drink cost $8*28Days*0.2 (20% tip) = $44.80 Per Person Worst Case Scenario

i don't see anything about this on the official disney website...
the descriptions of the 2018 dining plan don't say anything about alcohol...

i don't see anything about this on the official disney website...
the descriptions of the 2018 dining plan don't say anything about alcohol...

The final 2018 leaflets will be available a couple of weeks before the end of the year. In the meantime the leaflet is usually just a copy of this years one.

well i hope they don't change it....
i'm one of those who doesn't like the addition of alcohol to the parks...
the less alcohol the better, so i'd rather not see it pushed for 'free'....

well i hope they don't change it....
i'm one of those who doesn't like the addition of alcohol to the parks...
the less alcohol the better, so i'd rather not see it pushed for 'free'....

You must hate Friday Night Epcot! - Esp when it used to be EMH till half 11!

It's often the DCP/CE/Younger CMs who make a show of themselves too!

I hate the thought of drunkards wandering the parks however I don't think 1 ' free ' alcoholic beverage with a meal would do any harm :)

I'm the same, we always have a few drinks. But even though I could I've never been drunk at Disney, I just don't feel Firstly like I need to, or Secondly like I should!

I've seen plenty of people who don't have the same self restraint though!

You must hate Friday Night Epcot! - Esp when it used to be EMH till half 11!

It's often the DCP/CE/Younger CMs who make a show of themselves too!

I'm the same, we always have a few drinks. But even though I could I've never been drunk at Disney, I just don't feel Firstly like I need to, or Secondly like I should!

I've seen plenty of people who don't have the same self restraint though!

not sure i've ever been there on friday night, and i don't ever do late EMH at epcot, but i've seen plenty of falling down drunks there..

kind of makes you think you're in las vegas....if you've never been there, imagine wall to wall drunks and non-stop smoking....my version of hell...

not sure i've ever been there on friday night, and i don't ever do late EMH at epcot, but i've seen plenty of falling down drunks there..

kind of makes you think you're in las vegas....if you've never been there, imagine wall to wall drunks and non-stop smoking....my version of hell...

We did it by mistake lol It was really annoying!

Yeah didn't like Vegas much, was glad to do our 3 night roadtrip to Disneyland on that Vacation!

In all of our trips even during f&w I have only ever seen 2 drunks in the parks, and one at the resort

I've not witnessed violence before, that saddens me

on the one hand, it's sad and frightening, on the other it afforded us the opportunity to see disney security in action and it's quite a sight to behold...
you have no idea what they're capable of, as they keep it pretty much underwraps, but they're there and they're watching...
and when needed they show up pretty quickly...

on the one hand, it's sad and frightening, on the other it afforded us the opportunity to see disney security in action and it's quite a sight to behold...
you have no idea what they're capable of, as they keep it pretty much underwraps, but they're there and they're watching...
and when needed they show up pretty quickly...

I've read before there are plenty of plain clothes security about.

I have a friend who works security in MK, and he has told me about their monitoring of the parks via CCTV, it's 24/7!

i'll give you the two scariest incidents we more than witnessed, we were really very close to the action...

the first incident was at the haunted mansion..
we were standing in line.....we were under the awning part when we heard a lot of noise coming from behind us...
what was clearly a large and very loud group....
behaving very wildly...
they literally plowed through the line...
they were really really big guys....in their young 20's maybe? i'm not good with ages...
but really big, really loud, powerful looking...
everyone moved out of the way as fast as we could...
they were mowing people down as they moved through....
as they got to the door, disney security came through right after them..
i would say there were at least 20 security people, maybe even 30...
it was a huge group of security.....and all plain clothes...
our assumption was they'd been following the group on camera getting ready to take them down if they did anything...
which they did at the haunted mansion...
they took them all away...
it was amazing....
initially extremely frightening, but then really pretty awe inspiring...

the second incident that was equally if not more frightening..
we were standing in line for living with the land...
we were behind a spanish speaking family...
i think they may have been south american, i wasn't really paying attention other than they were a family with kids...
well behaved, nothing out of line..
all of a sudden, the group of men that was standing in front of them (so only that family was between those men and us)..
this group of very big men, turned around and started beating up this family...
it was clear that they were beating them up because they were hispanic (based on the vile things that were coming out of their mouths as they beat them)...
it was pretty terrifying as there was really nothing we could do...those guys were so huge relative to us...and so much stronger...and so angry and clearly had been drinking...
in this case, it took a while longer for disney security to show, but i dont' think it was more than a minute (though it seemed like an eternity to us)..
but again, disney security came in massive force to take these guys down..
and again, they were all plain clothes..

I'm pretty alert to problems around me, especially drunks.

But I've never seen anyone being out of control.

One drink, with a meal, doesn't concern me.

i'll give you the two scariest incidents we more than witnessed, we were really very close to the action...

the first incident was at the haunted mansion..
we were standing in line.....we were under the awning part when we heard a lot of noise coming from behind us...
what was clearly a large and very loud group....
behaving very wildly...
they literally plowed through the line...
they were really really big guys....in their young 20's maybe? i'm not good with ages...
but really big, really loud, powerful looking...
everyone moved out of the way as fast as we could...
they were mowing people down as they moved through....
as they got to the door, disney security came through right after them..
i would say there were at least 20 security people, maybe even 30...
it was a huge group of security.....and all plain clothes...
our assumption was they'd been following the group on camera getting ready to take them down if they did anything...
which they did at the haunted mansion...
they took them all away...
it was amazing....
initially extremely frightening, but then really pretty awe inspiring...

the second incident that was equally if not more frightening..
we were standing in line for living with the land...
we were behind a spanish speaking family...
i think they may have been south american, i wasn't really paying attention other than they were a family with kids...
well behaved, nothing out of line..
all of a sudden, the group of men that was standing in front of them (so only that family was between those men and us)..
this group of very big men, turned around and started beating up this family...
it was clear that they were beating them up because they were hispanic (based on the vile things that were coming out of their mouths as they beat them)...
it was pretty terrifying as there was really nothing we could do...those guys were so huge relative to us...and so much stronger...and so angry and clearly had been drinking...
in this case, it took a while longer for disney security to show, but i dont' think it was more than a minute (though it seemed like an eternity to us)..
but again, disney security came in massive force to take these guys down..
and again, they were all plain clothes..

They are both horriffic stories! :(

I am glad the security guys are there. On the face of it at bag check, they seem to be mostly calm older gents. But I assume some of these plain clothes people are a bit more hands on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!