New Disney Dining Show is....

Saw it this morning and I love Disney food so I think it's a good addition.

I'm glad Pete is going to shake up the line up now and again, as it will be nice to get different perspectives.

Although he must have had some Magic at work to get a BOG reservation at two days out lol :rotfl:

Watching the show now. How do I subscribe on youtube? I'm already subscribed to disunplugged and I don't see a separate subscription.

Watching the show now. How do I subscribe on youtube? I'm already subscribed to disunplugged and I don't see a separate subscription.

I believe Pete said it would just be part of the regular Disunplugged feed for a while until it builds and audience and then they will spin it off. That is what they did with the Best/Worst series as well

Not a YouTube expert by any means, but as far as I can tell, it comes in under the DISUnplugged subscription. I got notified that way, that's how I knew about (besides it being here on the boards, of course).

What's weird to me is that I go notified of a lot of content from DIS Unplugged, but haven't gotten notified about the Tuesday WDW show in a LONG time. Have un/re subb'd, and like I said - get other notifications, but not that. Always have to just remember to check after Tuesday for the new show. Just really, really odd to me.

Great concept. Poor execution.

John & Kevin reviews with people who where not at the meal were more informative and entertaining (and there was little to no videos only the occasional photo).

4 guys eating a meal with little to no diversity, no women, no children, all Americans.

I did wonder if filming messed up the timing and experience of their dinner. I know Pete complained about how fast the entrees came out but was I was like, well to give the restaurant some slack is it because you were filming everyone's thoughts instead of eating?

I think some are being a little to critical. It takes a lot to set up and produce a show. Pete said they will work to find a good format. He plans on changing up the group from show to show. I for one liked it and think it is a valuable tool to plan dining. I am getting a little aggravated by folks that seem to never have anything good to say.

John & Kevin reviews with people who where not at the meal were more informative and entertaining (and there was little to no videos only the occasional photo).

4 guys eating a meal with little to no diversity, no women, no children, all Americans.

I guess you missed the part when Pete said different people would be on this show each episode?

I basically agree with this. I respect their show and opinions, and actually asked one of them if they would consider 4 females to review BOG. I was basically told that unless the food was prepared differently, the reviews would be the same, hmmm...

I love these guys, love and respect their opinion, but am definitely glad they'll bring others in as well. How about some guests, non Displugged folks; as well as some women, mothers, fathers, some kids, and different nationalities, especially when reviewing restaurants like Jiko/Sanaa and World Showcase locations.

That said, great show, will be looking forward to each two weeks.

I guess you missed the part when Pete said different people would be on this show each episode?
I guess these folks do not realize that The Dis is not owned by WDW. This is an autonomous entity. I have heard them put many a thing on blast when reviewing different aspects of Disneyworld.

I don't get the all Americans comment at all to be honest.

This seems like it will be very beneficial. I am only able to go to Disney every few years and the Dis has been very informative thus far in prepping for my next trip. It was great to see inside and know details as simple as the fact there are different rooms at BOG. After back-watching a lot of episodes I do get the sense that my tastes might not be well represented by the show, but seeing the food and portion size is nice because I'm not a picky eater and I know what flavors I like. So out of the first episode I could say: I liked the look of that salad, maybe a different dressing request; I liked the look of the french onion soup because the most important thing to me is a lower amount of onions/the ratio and I liked that it had more cheese.

I basically agree with this. I respect their show and opinions, and actually asked one of them if they would consider 4 females to review BOG. I was basically told that unless the food was prepared differently, the reviews would be the same, hmmm...

I love these guys, love and respect their opinion, but am definitely glad they'll bring others in as well. How about some guests, non Displugged folks; as well as some women, mothers, fathers, some kids, and different nationalities, especially when reviewing restaurants like Jiko/Sanaa and World Showcase locations.

That said, great show, will be looking forward to each two weeks.

In some ways it is good/different to have people that maybe wouldn't typically go to a certain type of restaurant review it. So yeah, BOG is more for families and stuff - but there are tons of reviews out there from families ... this is a different point of view and a different take on it: If you don't have kids/aren't going for the themeing, how is BOG as a restaurant/experiences?

Now, I wouldn't necessarily want them all to be the same, so I am glad Pete said the panel would change up for each episode. And while there always could be more diversity involved, there are some aspects that the broader team is very diverse on: Men and women, single/married/engaged, straight vs gay, different ages, kids vs no kids, etc. Again, could always be more but they do have quite a bit covered

This seems like it will be very beneficial. I am only able to go to Disney every few years and the Dis has been very informative thus far in prepping for my next trip. It was great to see inside and know details as simple as the fact there are different rooms at BOG. After back-watching a lot of episodes I do get the sense that my tastes might not be well represented by the show, but seeing the food and portion size is nice because I'm not a picky eater and I know what flavors I like. So out of the first episode I could say: I liked the look of that salad, maybe a different dressing request; I liked the look of the french onion soup because the most important thing to me is a lower amount of onions/the ratio and I liked that it had more cheese.

I did like that Charles mentioned that he likes things with pretty intense seasoning as that is obviously relevant when he is stating something is bland (so it might be bland to him but not to other people). I think those that have watched other dining reviews know a bit about what types of food the team likes (Steve likes basics, Corey likes a large volume - preferably of meat and/or sushi, etc.) - but for new viewers providing a bit more background might be good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!