New Disney Dining Show is....

I think crowds have gotten a bit better at skipper's Canteen once they added it to the ADR stystem - but still not as popular as it should be. We loved it - including our kids. They liked the food and fun drinks, etc

It is a bit pricy though - but guess you get what you pay for

Did you like it? We're going there next Saturday (as in the 9th of September).

We loved it - including our kids. They liked the food and fun drinks, etc

DW and I enjoyed it. It's a great space, interesting menu, and well-prepared food. Service was very good and the CM interaction was great. Our server and the others we could see/hear were all really in character for the theme.

As for the food, we were impressed that it wasn't dumbed down for the mass audience. I had the noodle bowl and the server asked if I wanted it with or without jalapenos. I took it with and it was HOT. I don't expect that level of spice at a meal there. They didn't hold back with the seasonings at all. I think my wife had the grilled steak salad and really enjoyed it.

As for price, I don't think it was pricey by Disney standards. It was definitely more than we typically spend but we're normally all counter service, all the time, so we knew going it it would be the most expensive meal of the trip.

DW and I enjoyed it. It's a great space, interesting menu, and well-prepared food. Service was very good and the CM interaction was great. Our server and the others we could see/hear were all really in character for the theme.

As for the food, we were impressed that it wasn't dumbed down for the mass audience. I had the noodle bowl and the server asked if I wanted it with or without jalapenos. I took it with and it was HOT. I don't expect that level of spice at a meal there. They didn't hold back with the seasonings at all. I think my wife had the grilled steak salad and really enjoyed it.

As for price, I don't think it was pricey by Disney standards. It was definitely more than we typically spend but we're normally all counter service, all the time, so we knew going it it would be the most expensive meal of the trip.

Maybe just because we went for lunch but it seemed pricier than typical meals for us - but yeah, all of Disney is expensive so just different factors

By the way, I didn't mean the food didn't have kid appeal. I meant that the location doesn't have the kid appeal that eating in Beast's Castle does, especially if you have a princess-obsessed little one.

Oh, yeah that is true. Though it does have fun CMs - and my kids loved be puns (I mean, we are sort of forceing them to) so they liked all the shenanigans as well

And if it was either/or for kids I do think more would prefer BOG just wanted to indicate our kids did like Skippers for people that might not be sure

:thanks: That's good to hear. Appreciate the review :-).

I think crowds have gotten a bit better at skipper's Canteen once they added it to the ADR stystem - but still not as popular as it should be. We loved it - including our kids. They liked the food and fun drinks, etc

So, Skipper's Canteen would be a good walk up restaurant with little wait most of the time?

So, Skipper's Canteen would be a good walk up restaurant with little wait most of the time?

Yeah - especially if you avoid the peak meal times (so go before noon/after 1 or befor 5/after 7) - but anytime probably won't be too much of a wait

We walked up. They said it would be a 40-minute wait and gave us a pager so we could go do stuff in the park (stayed in Adventureland) but it ended up only being about 20 minutes before the pager went off.

Is there a Dining show that's going to come out today?
I've been refreshing my appletv all day expecting to find it. Wasn't till about 10 mins ago the YouTube app on my iPhone finally showed it. Watching now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter