New Disney Junior Dance Party

tlmadden73

DIS Veteran
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...oming-this-fall-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Saw this article on here -- does this mean this is replacing the Disney Junior Live puppet show since it is in the same theatre?

Nevermind, I found another article on wdwmagic about it that says Disney Junior Live On Stage will be closing in Sept for this.

I like how they are bringing in new characters, but I liked the puppets and how the show was like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I was excited to bring my daughter to this in November as my son loved this show when he was 3.

Makes sense to bring a new attraction to help be more relevant to what is airing on Disney Junior now and to help pull crowds from the new Toy Story Land.

Dance party seems low effort content, but I am sure my kids will enjoy the show. Time to indocrinate them in these particular shows this summer.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...oming-this-fall-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Saw this article on here -- does this mean this is replacing the Disney Junior Live puppet show since it is in the same theatre?

Nevermind, I found another article on wdwmagic about it that says Disney Junior Live On Stage will be closing in Sept for this.

I like how they are bringing in new characters, but I liked the puppets and how the show was like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I was excited to bring my daughter to this in November as my son loved this show when he was 3.

Makes sense to bring a new attraction to help be more relevant to what is airing on Disney Junior now and to help pull crowds from the new Toy Story Land.

Dance party seems low effort content, but I am sure my kids will enjoy the show. Time to indocrinate them in these particular shows this summer.

I believe they already made this change over at California Adventure. I would assume it is very much like that one is now.

I think they definitely had to make some changes to the show. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is no longer being made. Doc McStuffins was not renewed. Jake and the Neverland Pirates is also not being made. I know reruns are still playing but soon kids won't recognize some of those characters. I imagine the dance party format will make it easier to rotate in new characters.

I think they definitely had to make some changes to the show. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is no longer being made. Doc McStuffins was not renewed. Jake and the Neverland Pirates is also not being made. I know reruns are still playing but soon kids won't recognize some of those characters. I imagine the dance party format will make it easier to rotate in new characters.

Doc is cancelled???

Well .. I am sure my daughter will enjoy the show, though unfortunately, being the second child, she doesnt really get to watch Disney Junior as the older boy sorta hogs the TV during the limited show watching times.

(Plus .. AT&T Uverse does not include Disney Junior in their family package (just Disney and Disney XD .. very odd)

I am so glad they will still have the show for my trip in August.

I don't think it would really be too difficult even with the current show. A few new puppets, a new background, some minor video tweaks, and load whatever they use to drop "gold coins", etc...with whatever they come up with for the new character.

I'm a little surprised it's a whole re-do. My kids liked it any it seemed easy enough to swap out shows (they already had swapped out Little Einsteins for Sofia the First). Mine are a little too old for it now but we'll probably still end up there for The Lion King. While both loved Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, neither likes Roadster Racers (I think it's the Minnie/Daisy segments. I admit - those are pretty annoying).

I'm a little bummed by the change, but as my kids are outgrowing this (still have one that is almost 4, so another few years), I guess I can't be too upset.

All my kids really loved the DHS show. I don't know if the dance party will hold up to that.

I was always amazed they could keep kids sitting to watch the current show. We sat in the last row so let our toddler stand up and dance. I think the kids will have more fun being more active.

Disney is in control of how much or little their "old" IP like Clubhouse, Doc, Jake, etc plays, so kids will be as familiar with the characters as long as the shows are airing. But I agree it'll be easier to integrate newer IP like PJ Masks, Puppy Dog Pals, etc. There's also future new shows like Rocketeer and Fancy Nancy. Whoever said flexibility is probably spot on.

I was always amazed they could keep kids sitting to watch the current show. We sat in the last row so let our toddler stand up and dance. I think the kids will have more fun being more active.

Disney is in control of how much or little their "old" IP like Clubhouse, Doc, Jake, etc plays, so kids will be as familiar with the characters as long as the shows are airing. But I agree it'll be easier to integrate newer IP like PJ Masks, Puppy Dog Pals, etc. There's also future new shows like Rocketeer and Fancy Nancy. Whoever said flexibility is probably spot on.

Some of those shows , like pj masks, aren’t Disney and can’t use them in the parks.

I'm a little surprised it's a whole re-do. My kids liked it any it seemed easy enough to swap out shows (they already had swapped out Little Einsteins for Sofia the First). Mine are a little too old for it now but we'll probably still end up there for The Lion King. While both loved Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, neither likes Roadster Racers (I think it's the Minnie/Daisy segments. I admit - those are pretty annoying).
The dance party will require a few regular CMs, not skilled puppeteers. That's why it's changing.

Definitely seems like the most exciting parts to the current show for the kids is when the Gold Doubloons come down and they jump up to catch them and stuff like that

I liked the show more than most. We watched with my two littlest and they loved it. Looks like I'll just miss it for my September trip.

The dance party will require a few regular CMs, not skilled puppeteers. That's why it's changing.
While true - I feel that they just wanted to get more relevant shows involved. If they dont have puppets they will have more suit characters there would be my guess. Maybe they will still have puppets, but the show is just more dance themed rather than a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode.

I am sure with the future of the whole courtyard and the attractions around it still in question they do not want to sink money into a totally new show or attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter