New Disney Junior Dance Party

The DL version only has Mickey, Minnie and Sofia in person, everyone else is on screens.
Well definitely sounds like a "two birds, one stone" scenario. Refresh an attraction and get rid of the more costly talent (puppeteers) needed to run it. I am sure kids will like it, but more often than not -- dance party attractions at theme parks don't have much legs.

Darn .. I found it a pretty neat attraction because of the combination of puppets with a live host. What's next? Replace the LIttle Mermaid show with a "Shell talk with Sebastian" attraction?

Though, like I said above -- probably just a temporary fix -- I bet they have some plans for the whole animation courtyard area once the Launch Bay closes down with the opening of SWGE. Those buildings are easily enough space for a new attraction or two without really disrupting the rest of the park.

I suspect that the puppet show was viewed as a filler for younger kids. Since Toy Story Land will be operational soon, it frees Disney to re purpose the area.

Relatedly, I wonder if the Launch Bay would still be needed once Star Wars land opens. That is a lot of space that Disney could play with.

I'm a little bummed by the change, but as my kids are outgrowing this (still have one that is almost 4, so another few years), I guess I can't be too upset.

All my kids really loved the DHS show. I don't know if the dance party will hold up to that.

I completely agree. Bummed that they are switching out the puppets for screens. I have seen videos of the DCA version of dance party and it's not nearly as cute or sweet as Disney Junior Live on Stage. And it uses screens way too much. We loved the puppets! Something so different than the usual

Well definitely sounds like a "two birds, one stone" scenario. Refresh an attraction and get rid of the more costly talent (puppeteers) needed to run it. I am sure kids will like it, but more often than not -- dance party attractions at theme parks don't have much legs.

Darn .. I found it a pretty neat attraction because of the combination of puppets with a live host. What's next? Replace the LIttle Mermaid show with a "Shell talk with Sebastian" attraction?

Though, like I said above -- probably just a temporary fix -- I bet they have some plans for the whole animation courtyard area once the Launch Bay closes down with the opening of SWGE. Those buildings are easily enough space for a new attraction or two without really disrupting the rest of the park.
I completely agree - we are really going to miss the puppets!

I completely agree. Bummed that they are switching out the puppets for screens. I have seen videos of the DCA version of dance party and it's not nearly as cute or sweet as Disney Junior Live on Stage. And it uses screens way too much. We loved the puppets! Something so different than the usual
Right, they see screens all the time. Seeing something on a screen isn't "magical" (as they see that at home, or in the car, or in the movie theater), but seeing one of those screen characters "come to life" in a puppet, or animatronic or M&G character is something unique. Disney has gotten that over the years and I hope that the "ease" and "flexibility" of screens doesn't catch on.

If you want screen-based attractions, go to Universal :).

Anyone know if the new dance party will be open in October?? We're going 10/7 and I was really looking froward to taking my toddler to a Disney Junior show!

I'm guess this will be a shorter version of the traveling dance party show. We went to that a few months ago and my son (3yr) was very bored. The 2 DJs were the main characters, which meant nothing to my son, and almost all of the in person characters were girl-focused (Elena, Sophia, Vampirina, Doc). The shows he watches were just TV screens (Puppy Dog Pals, Lion Guard). The presence of Mickey and Goofy saved the day for us, but we'd never go back. Great for little girls, but nothing for boys.

I'm planning on going the middle of September and was hoping to take my daughter to this, but now I'm not sure if we'll be around for either. Seems pretty clear that the Disney Junior Live On Stage will be gone, but I can't find any information about when Disney Junior Dance Party! will be opening. :( Just "in the fall" is the most anything will commit to.

I'm planning on going the middle of September and was hoping to take my daughter to this, but now I'm not sure if we'll be around for either. Seems pretty clear that the Disney Junior Live On Stage will be gone, but I can't find any information about when Disney Junior Dance Party! will be opening. :( Just "in the fall" is the most anything will commit to.

This just came out if it helps any ...

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/hol...to-disneys-hollywood-studios-in-september.htm

Glad to see them adding Vampirina to H&V, DD is a big fan, but disappointed to see Jake go. My boys would’ve loved to see him. I understand why he’s being replaced, as the show has been discontinued, but I would rather have seen Goofy be replaced. I know he just got there but there are so many other places to see him.

Just read the latest on it: Doc, Vampirina, Timon and Mickey at the end. With Mickey as the only draw for my kiddos, this is easily something we can skip.

Just saw this:
Vee joins her friends for breakfast during Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Walt Disney World. During this event, Disney Junior characters appear for a fun-filled breakfast buffet at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Later in the fall at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Vampirina joins the all-new Disney Junior Dance Party! and guests can also meet her in the Animation Courtyard.
here: https://insidethemagic.net/2018/08/vampirina-disneyland-walt-disney-world/

Based on the dates for Disney Junior Plan `n Dine given earlier, I think it's safe to say that Disney Junior Dance Party! won't appear until at least some time in October. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter