New Disney Junior Dance Party

"Later this fall" is all anyone is saying :(
What does Disney consider fall anyway?

Is it fall now? Considering they started the Halloween Party and Food and Wine Festivals at the end of August?

Is it fall during where most people consider it? October - November?

Or is it fall based on the technical calendar (technically until a few days before Christmas? -- Though most people consider December part of "winter" even though the astronomical solstice hasn't happened.

What does Disney consider fall anyway?

Is it fall now? Considering they started the Halloween Party and Food and Wine Festivals at the end of August?

Is it fall during where most people consider it? October - November?

Or is it fall based on the technical calendar (technically until a few days before Christmas? -- Though most people consider December part of "winter" even though the astronomical solstice hasn't happened.
This is what I would like to know lol. I'ts the first week of September and I cleaned up a ton of leaves this past weekend. I never remember the leaves falling this early so for me, yes it is fall. For Disney, fall is when they decide it's fall. I don't think it has anything to do with the official day of Fall.

I’m hoping they announce more info about this soon. It’s something my son would really like! We will be at DHS on 10/22.

You'd think it will be a quick turnaround if they just convert a puppet show into a "dance party" that will probably just involve a stage .. a few characters and probably some screens to show videos on.

My impression is that this will be like the Incredibles dance party they have had in Tomorrowland. DJ introduces a character .. play a song .. dance .. DJ introduces another character .. etc. etc. Hope it is more than that, because I was really impressed by the whole puppet show that was like a live episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. A dance party feels like "filler" rather than a true attraction.

I don't expect much, as the traveling version of this dance party had several of the characters represented on a TV screen and not even the actual characters. Also, there was far too much focus on the DJ, who the kids could not care less about.

My real hope is that it's balanced for the boys and girls. The live show had Sofia, Vampirina and Doc there in person, along with Mickey and Goofy. Other characters (Bingo and Rolly, Kion and crew) were just on the screen. So my son was zoned out for most of the show.

The California show is cute (if that’s pretty much what this is being replaced with) The kids did get to move around a lot more, which is definitely more age appropriate. I did think there was a little too much reliance on screens at the Cali show and would have loved to see just a *few* more live characters in the show.

Any updates when this will open? It was closed in September but we are going back Christmas week.

Bummer .. missing it for our Nov. trip. I didn't think the changeover from puppet show to a dance party would have taken 3 months ..

I recall Disney JR dance parties from the past... my kids loved them, they were amazing. Some awesome photos of my kids dancing with Goofy (my favorite), among others. They were terrified of characters until the moment the Goofster high-fived our oldest!

I remember we did a Disney Jr dance party in the Disney Jr theater a few years ago. It was when they cut Fantasmic from daily to 3-4 nights per week.

My little ones enjoyed it. They had characters rotating in and out of the dance floor.

Unfortunately, it was kinda dark in there, and none of our pictures of them dancing with the characters came out so well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter