New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I'll bet Disney received an attractive incentive package and once the commitment has been completed, they'll return the ship stateside.

Those are the lowest priced cruises right now. Factor in the 6-week repositioning, and those repositioning cruises selling at bargain rates, I just don't see it lasting.
I remember getting the surveys after cruises and asking where would I like to sail to. I always put
Australia. When it was announced our whole family got excited......until I saw the itineraries. I couldn't
see us spending crazy amount of time flying to one of those schedules.

I was hoping the sailings would be more interesting like Princess or one of the other major lines.

I'm staying in Hollywood in August with my mother for 2 nights after a Disneyland trip. She's never been so I want to do a couple of studio tours, show her a little of what's left of old Hollywood, and maybe take her to Santa Monica. I have The Shay booked but just saw that the Andaz Hollywood and the Dream Hollywood have standard suites available and I have a SUA I need to use by the end of the year anyway. It would give us more room, but I've heard some negative reviews about the properties (old or loud). Any experience in those hotels?
This is the cruising forum, try posting your question on the California forum:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/california-the-west.131/

Juneau has already announced that it will start to limit the number of cruise passengers that will be allowed in starting this year. So there may not be any reason for DCL to start using a larger ship for Alaska.
My understanding is that they are limiting the number of large ships allowed in port on any given day, not the total number of passengers. Sounds like it wouldn't preclude Disney swapping out for a larger ship. I'm not saying they would send a larger ship, just that they easily could if they want to.

My understanding is that they are limiting the number of large ships allowed in port on any given day, not the total number of passengers. Sounds like it wouldn't preclude Disney swapping out for a larger ship. I'm not saying they would send a larger ship, just that they easily could if they want to.
Bigger ship, more passengers! Right from the article. My bold

Juneau, Alaska has become the latest popular cruise port of call to agree to limits designed to cap the influx of cruise passengers

Bigger ship, more passengers! Right from the article. My bold

Juneau, Alaska has become the latest popular cruise port of call to agree to limits designed to cap the influx of cruise passengers
Maybe I missed the article you saw. Was it linked on this thread?

The one I saw (https://www.cruisehive.com/alaska-port-and-cruise-lines-agree-on-ship-limits/99315) says:

"Juneau and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) have reached a Memorandum of Agreement to limit the number of large vessels in the city to no more than five per day, starting with the 2024 cruise season."

This will effectively reduce the number of passengers compared to a day when they would have had more than five large ships. But the limit appears to be only on the number of ships, not the size of the ships. The article goes on to describe some of the ships that were to berth there last year... some of which are larger than any current Disney ship.

"Some of the largest vessels that will visit Juneau in 2023 include Norwegian Bliss (4,002 guests at double occupancy), Princess Cruises’ Majestic Princess (3,560), Holland America Line’s Koningsdam (2,650), and Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas (4,905) and Ovation of the Seas (4,905)."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter