New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Any news/hints on who might be in the atrium on the new Disney Wish?

Jiminy Cricket? As in "When you wish upon a star"

Genie would be better for a modern audience, though.

Jiminy Cricket was my first thought (and who I would vote for), but my thinking was as you touched on...they seem to be leaning towards the more modern/recent characters - such Rapunzel being the character on the back of the ship.

ALL the ships' horns play that though.

That's my point. DCL is already using that music on all the ships. It seems logical to assume that the "Wish" will also have that music. So, it makes sense that Jiminy Cricket would be the ship's mascot.

That's my point. DCL is already using that music on all the ships. It seems logical to assume that the "Wish" will also have that music. So, it makes sense that Jiminy Cricket would be the ship's mascot.

But then why would he not have been the mascot before? That's my point. It's not like they are suddenly changing the horns.

I feel like having Genie tied to a "wish" might be a little sad given that he didn't WANT to be a genie anymore and was freed but... I know I'm overthinking this. :ssst:

Jiminy would make for a rather small statue or be weird at a large size IMO... maybe the blue fairy or fairy godmother? Tinkerbell would be another option but she was godmother to another ship, so maybe they wouldnt?

What about Cinderella's Fairy Godmother? Or even Malificent, who gave an evil wish, but only because of that evil king....

I had to look it up. I knew it was still cold in NYC when the Fantasy came in - some of us from the Disney Store got to be on a little boat to welcome her and we were freezing!

She came into NYC in February...we went down to the Hudson and waved her in early in the am then headed over to port and hung around all day...had so much fun!!

MJ

But then why would he not have been the mascot before? That's my point. It's not like they are suddenly changing the horns.

It has to do with the name of the new ship; "Wish". Using Jiminy Cricket as the mascot would fit like a hand in a glove. I certainly don't think he'd fit as the mascot for the "Fantasy".

We'll see. Perhaps the mascot will be ol' Walt himself! Lol

She came into NYC in February...we went down to the Hudson and waved her in early in the am then headed over to port and hung around all day...had so much fun!!

MJ

Yes, but she was christened and began officially sailing March 1.

Yes, but she was christened and began officially sailing March 1.

I wasn't contradicting you but agreeing!!! Yes, it was cold. We also hung around for the Christening and got some great pics of Minnie and Nick Cannon (Mariah thought it was too windy) out on the hatch. Also some limos arriving right at the ship for some celebs/VIP for the Christening.

464192464193Disney Fantasy NYC - 03-01-12 110.JPGDisney Fantasy NYC - 03-01-12 106.JPG464194464195464196

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter