New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Magic = Captain Mickey - First ship, needs to have icon, could fail. Needs to be O'Neal/seafaring themed also. Like naming your first child.

Wonder = Ariel - Doing well enough for next ship. One of the most popular films, also ocean theme.

Dream = Donald - Arguably the second most iconic Disney character for the first upgraded ship. Still keeping sea/ocean theme.

Fantasy = Formal Minnie - While Minnie is also a top icon, formal Minnie is more defining elegance and luxury more than just 'fab five' sea theme. The Fantasy has those elements in the delicate peacock feather design carpet in the atrium.

I think that the ship, based upon the renderings, may be leaning towards classic fairytale. I can see Tinkerbell because she is as fairy of a tale as they come.
Though, with the popularity of Frozen, and the recent movie with a major water element, I wouldn't put it past them to do Elsa on any of the new ships.

I wouldn't pin the statue to ne related 'wish' to literally, as Rapunzel is all about having dreams, not wishes. Which are wishes in a way, but slightly different. If they had taken that literally, Jiminy Cricket, Snow White, etc would be a choice which makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if on each ship they have someone count (by camera surveillance) how many people take pictures with the statue and if one is more popular than the others. If Ariel gets the least votes, then another statue of the Fab Five is where I would put my money on.

I think the mascot has to be Goofy or Daisy though I personally wish for Snow White since she is the original princess, and it would be an awesome way to showcase the dwarves more often.

I also love Jiminy and think he’d be the perfect fit for a ship named Wish.

So, I was on the phone with DCL this morning and the rep told me that the foyer of the Wish will feature a Rapunzel theme and will have floating lumieres [spelling]. She said they received a rendering and she was very excited about it.
That could be pretty. The rendering released earlier looks more like “shooting” stars. Leave it to Disney to keep us guessing! :)

I wonder what the Wish's itinerary will be. I looked up the history of the other three ships and the Magic, Wonder and Dream started with Bahamas cruises (Dream still does them). The Fantasy started with Caribbean cruises and hasn't stopped. I'm assuming that the Wish will go to Port Canaveral, so it'll be interesting to see what places the ship goes to first and if it will change what the Dream and Fantasy will do.

My guess is that the Wish will start with Bahamas cruises and the Dream will move year round to Miami? I haven't been on a Disney cruise in forever, so I'm not sure how many ships Disney can keep in PC or is allowed to.

The Wish is almost a guarantee to start in the Bahamas although DCL might surprise us and put her on the Caribbean route. That does not necessarily mean whichever route she takes that the current ship will move to another port. They can accommodate 3 ships in PC, they have before. They could probably run 4 out of PC but wouldn't since they have obligations to Miami.

As to what the ship she replaces will do, that is anyone's guess. I don't think DCL is going to get too adventurous too quick. Maybe some longer Caribbean itineraries, hopefully Southerns.

Here are my safe predictions for the new deployment come 2022

Magic: Europe Summers and New York Winters

Wonder: Galveston or New Orleans Winters and Alaska/Mexico Summers/Fall

Dream: Canaveral Winters (4s/5s, and a Summer Deployment (Europe?)

Fantasy: Miami Winters (4's/5's), and a Summer Deployment (San Juan?)

Wish: Year Round Canaveral (3's/4's)

2022 ship: Year Round Canaveral (7's)

2023 ship: Year Round Miami (7's)

Here are my safe predictions for the new deployment come 2022

Magic: Europe Summers and New York Winters

Wonder: Galveston or New Orleans Winters and Alaska/Mexico Summers/Fall

Dream: Canaveral Winters (4s/5s, and a Summer Deployment (Europe?)

Fantasy: Miami Winters (4's/5's), and a Summer Deployment (San Juan?)

Wish: Year Round Canaveral (3's/4's)

2022 ship: Year Round Canaveral (7's)

2023 ship: Year Round Miami (7's)

Seems pretty reasonable although very boring

I predict the Dream and Fantasy will both stay in PC, at least until the 6th ship comes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter