New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Just disembarked Dream today. FWIW, our head server told us that, "when Wish arrives at Port Canaveral, Dream will begin doing 5s & 7s."
Maybe we can finally sail on the Dream. We cannot imagine anything less than 7 days. :) We were really excited to sail on the Wish. Not sure if we can justify it for 3 or 4 days. Will have to wait and see.

Maybe we can finally sail on the Dream. We cannot imagine anything less than 7 days. :) We were really excited to sail on the Wish. Not sure if we can justify it for 3 or 4 days. Will have to wait and see.
You could do a Back to Back on the Dream to get 7 nights.

While I wouldn‘t trust CM rumours, this does sound plausible. Wish, as new ship, takes over Dream. Fantasy status quo. And Dream does a mash up, similar to Magic out of Miami.

I haven't found this on any other threads.....Any idea yet when MW will start building the Wish (with video so we can see progress)?

I haven't found this on any other threads.....Any idea yet when MW will start building the Wish (with video so we can see progress)?

Someone posted, I think in this thread a few pages back, that steel cutting would be sometime next month but didn't give a source or a date range.

Someone posted, I think in this thread a few pages back, that steel cutting would be sometime next month but didn't give a source or a date range.
In a D23 podcast with the responsible Disney Imagineet steel cutting was mentioned to be scheduled for March. Scott from the Disneycruiseline blog mentioned March 22nd explicitly which is a Sunday...

Magic = Captain Mickey - First ship, needs to have icon, could fail. Needs to be O'Neal/seafaring themed also. Like naming your first child.

Wonder = Ariel - Doing well enough for next ship. One of the most popular films, also ocean theme.

Dream = Donald - Arguably the second most iconic Disney character for the first upgraded ship. Still keeping sea/ocean theme.

Fantasy = Formal Minnie - While Minnie is also a top icon, formal Minnie is more defining elegance and luxury more than just 'fab five' sea theme. The Fantasy has those elements in the delicate peacock feather design carpet in the atrium.

I think that the ship, based upon the renderings, may be leaning towards classic fairytale. I can see Tinkerbell because she is as fairy of a tale as they come.
Though, with the popularity of Frozen, and the recent movie with a major water element, I wouldn't put it past them to do Elsa on any of the new ships.
Someone on another thread (or site) noticed something very interesting in this painting that was on one of the ships (allegedly). The current 4 are shown as well as 2 more (which cover the 6 ships that were planned before Disney picked up the 7th whose spot between ships 5 and 6 was slated for another line who bowed out) Does it mean anything? Who knows. But it's something to think about

! atruim.jpg

I think the mascot has to be Goofy or Daisy though I personally wish for Snow White since she is the original princess, and it would be an awesome way to showcase the dwarves more often.

I also love Jiminy and think he’d be the perfect fit for a ship named Wish.

I love the thought of Snow White and maybe the 7 dwarves going up the steps. But my money is on Mary Poppins -- she'd be great on a "wish" ship and is also an iconic figure from the early movie days of Disney.

Seems pretty reasonable although very boring

Yes, same fear that the itineraries will not blossom out, but just be made longer with the same ports over and over. One can only hope that they get some contracts with some new ports in the Caribbean and overseas. And maybe longer stays in NYC (or even Baltimore) to do Bermuda and New England. But goodness, I sure hope the prices become more reasonable, or sadly we will never see the new ships :(

Had some time this morning, so I updated MW build list, adding in the Wish from DCL Triton 1 and adding in the milestone dates from the other lines. This should give anyone some ballpark dates on what to look for, for the Wish.The 1 thing I did notice, is that in years past, MW was on fire, and moving right along, putting out ships in less then 18 months. They've let that slip to 20 months. This is just me, but could be a planned yard slowdown, to keep every one employed as they had gaps in their schedule for a while. For example, DCL Triton 3, was not on the intial order, and MW had no ships planned in any phase for 2022. DCL added Triton 3, which gave MW a ship for 22 and also picked up a few more ships along the way. But its not like they were before where they had 3 ships planned per year, for 6 or 7 years down the road.

Attachments

• Meyer Werft Build List - Sheet1.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 29
Someone on another thread (or site) noticed something very interesting in this painting that was on one of the ships (allegedly). The current 4 are shown as well as 2 more (which cover the 6 ships that were planned before Disney picked up the 7th whose spot between ships 5 and 6 was slated for another line who bowed out) Does it mean anything? Who knows. But it's something to think about

! View attachment 474041

I can see them maybe putting Goofy in the atrium, but not Pluto.

Soooo, just a huge wish list item (that I know will never happen), but since Disney just spent $75 million for the distribution rights for "Hamilton" next year, wouldn't it be awesome if they did a version of that on one of the ships! Since we've never been able to afford the tickets, we are excited to see the original cast filmed for a movie.

If it is 3 and/or 4, we would do a back to back for a 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!