New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

So ... ships and cruising ...
Pretty much this.
MW has publicly stated none of the new builds have been canceled by anyone.This is me but some launch dates most like may change. Im thinking g Wosh will be a summer to fall 22 debut. Possibly Jan of 23. Depends on how things shake out.
Wish has started with several engine room and lower hull sections complete and transferred to MW from Neptun Werft. Disney continues to ignore her existence. Someone on another thread asked about her and it sounds like the US Military talking about nukes. Disney We can neither confirm nor deny work started or was canceled..........
Work is progressing on the 2 ships infront of Wish after a 6 week shutdown as opposed to the normal 2 week vacation shutdown at MW.
Several Islands are creating bubbles specifically for cruise ships. Some are dedicated, some are general cruise use.
Dream and Fantasy are in Brest presumably for drive motor repairs that have plaqued Fantasy from day 1, and possibly are starting to occur on Dream. However since their twins, it would stand to reason that any fix Fantasy gets Dream would get as a preemptive measure since they have the same drive motors. Its also possible their hiding out, away from US waters as the CDC has been making life hard to move non infected crew home. Alot of other lines have moved their ships from US waters for the same reason.
Crusing in general I would expect once the lines get the go ahead to be very similar to sailing with noro. It all depends on the worlds status when that happens. Its really too early to tell.
Eta Oddessey has moved back in the dock and AidaCosma bow is now where Odessey was. Once Oddessey floats out, theyll do a dance to get AidaCosmas back 2/3rds back into the dock to be completed. We should see Wish start to take shape soon after that.

Last edited:
So the pictures I found showing, like the bottom 3 decks, were not the Wish? I thought they got an off a lot done in two weeks.
Is there any pictures so far of the wish?

So the pictures I found showing, like the bottom 3 decks, were not the Wish? I thought they got an off a lot done in two weeks.
The Papenberg shipyard has a static webcam page where they regularly update the photos of the ships in the dry docks as they progress, currently there's only 2 ships inside the docks, The Spirit of Adventure (SAGA Lines) was floated out and down the Ems River this week to her finishing dock in Bremerhaven I believe, so currently the AIDAcosma and the Odyssey of the Seas are in Hall 6 under construction. with a Mega block of the cosma sitting in the harbor outside the hall waiting until the Odyssey is floated out.
https://www.meyerwerft.de/en/company/webcam/index.jsp

They have been getting a lot of work done on Wish, its just out of site at the moment. Normally the pieces are assembled into blocks in a different building near by then moved over to 1 of the 2 building halls on a certain schedule for final assembly. Wish blocks most likely are still in the welding shop waiting on space in the build hall where Oddysee and AidaCosma are now.
Which pictures? If its on MW site, there could be some blocks mixed in, on the sides of the dock somewhere, but theyd be unidentifiable at the moment, unless a block has say a Mickey pool. If its the videos from inselvideo, then yes theres a 99% chance that those are the Wish first publicly viewed blocks.
As far as actual pictures, the only ones I know of, are the videos from inselvideo ( I think thats the users name) of the 3 segments that came from Neptun Werft.

Last edited:
Theses are the only images (videos) that I know of off hand of the Wish. Theres a few artist renederings that Disney released early at D23, and of her name, but thats about it. Ill try to look in the next day or so at the webcam pictures to see if anything jumps out.

They have been getting a lot of work done on Wish, its just out of site at the moment. Normally the pieces are assembled into blocks in a different building near by then moved over to 1 of the 2 building halls on a certain schedule for final assembly. Wish blocks most likely are still in the welding shop waiting on space in the build hall where Spectrum and AidaCosma are now.
Which pictures? If its on MW site, there could be some blocks mixed in, on the sides of the dock somewhere, but theyd be unidentifiable at the moment, unless a block has say a Mickey pool. If its the videos from inselvideo, then yes theres a 99% chance that those are the Wish first publicly viewed blocks.
As far as actual pictures, the only ones I know of, are the videos from inselvideo ( I think thats the users name) of the 3 segments that came from Neptun Werft.
Spectrum??? The ships in Hall 6 at MeyerWerft Papenberg are the AIDAcosma and the RCCL Odyssey of The Seas.

Spectrum??? The ships in Hall 6 at MeyerWerft Papenberg are the AIDAcosma and the RCCL Odyssey of The Seas.
Sorry got them backwards. Odyseey is the other. Not sure where I got Spectrum from.

Last edited:
Been away for a while, but WOW, this thread has grown with all kinds of information. Anyone have anything specific to the topic for me to update page one? Any news on sailing dates for any of the new ships? And better yet, any news on possible reservation opening dates? Thanks all for so much information.

It was announced in Sept that the Disney Wish would be delayed.

Rumors are that the inaugural sail date will be in January 2023 instead of January 2022.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ficially-confirms-the-disney-wish-is-delayed/

Thank you. I will change it on page one. I have noticed that so many ships have cancelled sailings through next March and April. We have a cruise booked on RCCL in April - but I'm not holding out hope. I really miss my cruising!

Just for time references PandO Iona was handed over about an hour ago according to MW fb page

Just for time references PandO Iona was handed over about an hour ago according to MW fb page
Could you give me a little more context? I’m never very good at connecting the dots.
I think I’m going to be happy to understand what this means. ❤️

Could you give me a little more context? I’m never very good at connecting the dots.
I think I’m going to be happy to understand what this means. ❤
Sure. In the big pre covid picture, the build order was Iona, Spirit of Adventure, (smaller build hall) Oddesey, AidaCosma then Wish. Iona was launched in Feb, transferred for trials on St Patricks day, 2 days later everything came to a halt. At the end of March she was given a green light for slow testing and finishing, then parked at the end of May. So that would be roughly a 5 to 6 month delay for delivery. Her maiden was supposed to be late April I think or early May. So applying that delay would push AidaCosma and the Wish back a similar amount of time. Oddesey, because she had a fire that damaged internal components of the ship, is a different story. Tbh, I hadn't kept up with Spirit of Adventure to see how affected she was also.

With that said, MW had said they were going to go from a 3 ship delivery per year, to 2. 1 large and 1 small as their order book was full up to 2023. Which is 9 ships. This would stretch the workload out to 2024 at least since no line has ordered anything past 2023.

I need to look and see where that would put the Wish. Its possible AidaCosma would be the 2021 big delivery, which would put the Wish a early 2022. Which still leaves room for a March/April or even a May Maiden.

This is just a potential build list for the next 4 years. Obviously a lot can happen a d change in between, like a line ordering a new ship(s) any other shutdowns slowdowns etc.

Q1 AidaCosma
Q3/4 Disney Wish
Silversea
Triton II
P&O II
Silversea II
AIDA III
Triton III

Wouldn't there be another 2 Disney ships on the Calendar in 2022 and 2023 then?
I have them listed as Triton II and Triton III. Based on what MW has stated, going from 3 ships a year ( 2 big 1 small) they are probably going to a 1 and 1 per year to stretch their order book so they don't shutdown completely, as they have 9 ships currently in some stage, with nothing canceled. By doing that, they have work until 2024, if nothing changes. Big if. Now, without knowing what the actual contracts stated, as far as milestones, and what was now agreed upon, I could be off with 1 or more ships. Theres really no info on what newbuilds that are nameless, on when they were scheduled to appear, other then a year. Disney was typically a 4th qtr launch 1st qtr maiden. That could still be true, but it may slip with the deliberate slowdown by MW.
The 9 ships are the 8 I listed above, and Oddesey. Oddesey I deliberately left out as she has some major issues that will take time and skew the timetable of the average ships.

Alledgedly this came from an official Disney release but I can't find it with Disney's name on it.

Originally planned to sail in early 2022, the Disney Wish is now scheduled for its maiden voyage in summer 2022 due to pandemic-related delays at the Meyer-Werft shipyard in Germany.

As previously announced, the Disney Wish will be powered by liquified natural gas or LNG, one of the cleanest-burning fuels available. At approximately 144,000 gross tons and 1,250 guest staterooms, the ship will be slightly larger than the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter