New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Park Pass System. What is the difference between "Disney Resort Guest" and "Theme Park Ticket" guest when it comes to the reservation system. I would guess they are onsite and offsite stays respectively, but both would be ticket holders or they wouldn't be going to a park! My question comes from the fact that on the first weekend of September "Disney Resort Guest" cannot go to HS but "Theme Park Ticket" guests can. So you are getting penalized for staying onsite now? And wouldn't a "Disney Resort Guest" be a "Theme Park Ticket" by default if they held tickets?

Park Pass System. What is the difference between "Disney Resort Guest" and "Theme Park Ticket" guest when it comes to the reservation system. I would guess they are onsite and offsite stays respectively, but both would be ticket holders or they wouldn't be going to a park! My question comes from the fact that on the first weekend of September "Disney Resort Guest" cannot go to HS but "Theme Park Ticket" guests can. So you are getting penalized for staying onsite now? And wouldn't a "Disney Resort Guest" be a "Theme Park Ticket" by default if they held tickets?

You are correct. They are different buckets and it appears Disney has decided to give different groups of people have a chance to visit the parks vs. a first come/first serve for all.

I don’t really see it as anyone being penalized but rather onsite, offsite, and AP holders all getting a piece of the pie.

I also noticed this and thought it was odd to potentially penalize onsite guests but maybe it’s connected to availability of transportation? I had wondering if it was possible for an on-site guest to utilize the “theme park ticket” bucket if they didn’t have a package and didn’t connect their room to their MDE, but I guess with online check in being required that’s not really possible.

If you reserve a day at say AK two weeks out and then decide the day before to switch it to HS, will the system let you rescind and reserve if spots are available?

If you reserve a day at say AK two weeks out and then decide the day before to switch it to HS, will the system let you rescind and reserve if spots are available?
You can cancel a park reservation and make a new one for a different park subject to availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter